• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Opinion on Aqua Rebell Mikro Basic Eisen Fertilizer

SDIESEL77

Hi,
Anybody using the Aqua Rebell Mikro Basic Eisen fertilizer?
Do you have good results?
Do you add nitrate/phosphate or not needed?

Thanks

45d37ebe669b044ed6fc965079274a9e.jpg

Hi,
According to the website this is just an iron supplement priced at (gulp) 22 Euros per liter?! Seeing as how this is about 90% water I find it shocking. Yes you'll need to add NPK, although if your tank is low tech then there is no panic. If your tank is CO2 injected then yes, time to panic.

Cheers,

According to Aquasabi it’s using a blend of EDTA, DTPA and HEEDTA for chelation, covering all options for pH conditions so Iron should still be available regardless of the state of the water whether Acid, Neutral or Alkaline, if one chelate breaks down another is there to cover the shortfall.

As for Aqua Rebell Macro Basic NPK

A true clone
1617627345519.png

You can make it cheaper still a litre by using urea salts instead of Potassium Nitrate

Increasing to 'Clives dose (EI levels) it begins to to cost a bit more for a 100Litre tank
Macro
1617627600998.png

Micro
1617627720354.png

So about £1 per litre per year for product or £0.05 per litre per Year DIY

According to Aquasabi it’s using a blend of EDTA, DTPA and HEEDTA for chelation, covering all options for pH conditions so Iron should still be available regardless of the state of the water whether Acid, Neutral or Alkaline, if one chelate breaks down another is there to cover the shortfall.

So it covers all bases, excellent that's a good start and makes up for the relatively high cost for those who cant be bothered to do DIY ferts or amount of ferts they use doesn't justify to effort :thumbup:

Should be on next update of IFC calculator (which will be some time as just had a update- if anyone needs a clone in the meantime just send a pm ;))

Thx for the very detailed answer.
However, I asked the question as I already bought 5L of this fertilizer.
I've asked the brand to see if they sell an add-on in case I need nitrate phosphate
Assuming you don't want to go down the DIY route and based on cost per ppm
1617652611109.png

I would go for the Basic EI Macro as it packs more NO3 and PO4 for your money, ignore the cost per week as I have set that up for EI dosing levels where the Basic NPK a set at the lowest recommended levels, the cost per ppm is not dose or tank size dependant but weekly cost is. The Basic EI doesn't have much Mg in it but your Basic Iron does and easy enough to drop a few grams of epsom salts in at WC

Thx for the very detailed answer.
However, I asked the question as I already bought 5L of this fertilizer.
I've asked the brand to see if they sell an add-on in case I need nitrate phosphate

Thanks for posting as always good to get more commercial ferts added to the IFC Calculator, very easy to add more commercial ferts as long as we have the data analysis of the product or weekly ppms yields for given dose. The hard part of the Calculator was getting it the main part coded. When we add more ferts its all in the hidden sections mainly.

Back