• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Only cube tank....

Sahyadrica and tulunadensis the same plants but different names i think
Hi Roland.
They look pretty much the same, but that is yet to be determined by botanists by flowering and comparing the flowers. So far I think no one has done that. I talked with Vin Kutty recently and he says they are not and that in fact anyone claiming to have R. sahydrica actually is R. tulundensis. True or not I don't know. All I know is that it's a tricky plant, at least in the environment I have been trying to grow it in. It craps on me unexpectedly after growing fine for some time. What's your current fert regime in that tank @Roland and how old is the soil when you planted the T. tulunadensis? Also what's your current dGH? Thank you.
284137571_1105230833670833_8912767378514863653_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Hanuman,
I use mgso4 and caso4 sulphates, GH5 / 6 mg-8 / 9ppm and ca 28 / 30ppm in my aquariums. I think this plant likes sulphates because when i used chloride / some RO water mineralizers dosed for shrimp / did not grow well

Hi Hanuman,
I use mgso4 and caso4 sulphates, GH5 / 6 mg-8 / 9ppm and ca 28 / 30ppm in my aquariums. I think this plant likes sulphates because when i used chloride / some RO water mineralizers dosed for shrimp / did not grow well
The few people I have enquired with tell me the plant prefers root feeding rather than rich water column/leaf feeding. Looking at your fert level, it seems you are also on the lean side. People who grow the plant in lower tech tanks say they have less problems but that it can still crap out unexpectedly. Seems to be a very finicky plant. You never experienced the plant dying suddenly?

This depends on the species, for example Nesaea Golden, a greater percentage of the nutrients are taken from the water not from the substrate.

Back