• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Online fish suppliers

john arnold

Hi all

Glad this is still going, any online tropical fish suppliers that are recommended by anyone?
Thanks

Pier aquatics, Waterford Aquatics, G.M Aquatics and Aqualife have all been great when I’ve used them. I’d say Pier is probably the best when it comes to packing but that’s not to say any of the others are bad at all.

Cheers

Pier aquatics, Waterford Aquatics, G.M Aquatics and Aqualife have all been great when I’ve used them. I’d say Pier is probably the best when it comes to packing but that’s not to say any of the others are bad at all.

Cheers
Ok great thanks for the quick
info

I've used aquatics to your door and tropco, the former has been somewhat variable the latter is now a staple for me.

I use Waterford, she's local to me so I can just collect from her. Good communication and her BAND group says good thing about her packaging.

Thank you , scarecrow.
Need to investigate what band is
It's a bit of an odd site. People create 'bands', which anyone can do and they can be about anything.
There are fishkeeping related bands which you can search for and join. You'll then get content from them.
Anyone in the band can then post on that band (assuming the moderator allows/approves your post).
It used to be quite useful for finding fish. I got a few groups of corys and met some great local breeders but now there's a lot of fish raffles going on, which I don't agree with.
On Friday's you will get spammed with suggestions to join other bands but switch off push notifications in the app and you won't get bothered by them.
There's no buyer protection if you purchase anything via the site and sometimes there are scammers on there but these normally get flagged by others fairly quickly but just something to be mindful of though.

I use Waterford, she's local to me so I can just collect from her. Good communication and her BAND group says good thing about her packaging.
She’ll order anything you want from Ruinemans and is good at getting stuff from Indonesia too. Wild Betta and channa used to be her thing but she has expanded a lot in the last year. Good to deal with and her prices are extremely competitive.

Thank you , scarecrow.
Need to investigate what band is
As far as I can make out, a lot of Facebook groups have them alongside because there's no limitations on selling. That's how I came across it, anyway. The raffles and the Spam Fridays thing I find annoying, like ScareCrow says.

I have heard good things about Sims Tropical Fish, too. Their website is terrifying, but they also sell on eBay.

Hi,

Just wanted to add something to this.
This post was good timing as I was looking to buy from an online seller for the first time. I contacted all of the companies listed above. After about a week I heard back from some.
Wildwood said I should keep checking their website for availability. Tropco said they would try, but I did not hear back. Aqualife said they could get what I wanted, but it turned out to be slightly more expensive than the supplier I had already placed an order with; which was Waterfront.
Waterfront responded to my message the following day, I placed my order for the fish I wanted, she kept me informed of the progress of the order. Communication was really good and I am very pleased with how it all went. I can't compare with the other dealers as they did not have stock or were able to source them.
So for me Waterfront were excellent, Aqualife were helpful and I would consider them in future. At least they got back and found a supplier.
For anyone interested in using Waterfront; I have been given permission to add the phone number here. 07880 732573.
Goodluck.

Band is indeed a strange app. But I bought some lovely shrimp off there a while back which I couldn’t get anywhere else and I was very happy with it but wasn’t convinced until they arrived.

Switch off push notifications!

I used pier aquatics recently for some fish and they were very helpful and the fish arrived quickly and in perfect health. I thought the way they had packed the fish was odd but maybe they know something I don't. I would use them again for sure.

Back