• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

On the Edge -goes iwagumi p2

I have added a small shoal of Ember tetras. They max out at 2-3 cms, so i reckon they'll be good in the Iwagumi.

The Riccia has grown in a bit. Just been adding Easycarbo and Profito.

iwagumigrown2.jpg

iwagumigrown.jpg

iwagumigrown3.jpg

thanks very much for the compliment, Dan!

i'm not looking foward to trimming the Riccia though.

Very nice, Ian. A steeper banked substrate would add a lot more depth. Something to consider if/when you re-scape.

Do you have curved or angled scissors? These are perfect for trimming Riccia. Then simply net off the cuttings that float to the surface.

thanks for the comment George, i'm gonna have to invest in some curved scissors. I nee to start trimming in the other tank as well. I'll remember that about the banking, i did try with this one, it's appears not to be enough though. Thanks George, i shall take this on board.

just been playing around with some different shaded backgrounds. Riccia has also been trimmed.

nanobackground2.jpg

nanobackground4.jpg

nanobackground.jpg

nanobackground3.jpg

nanobackground5.jpg

Love the lay out. I personally prefer it to the previous one :). May I ask how are you finding Mando ? cloudy when moved ? good plant growth rate ? crumble easy ? just the basic questions :p

thanks a lot lil-lynx, I wouldn't use manando again, it blows around all over. I did slope the substrate to begin with, but when i place the Riccia in it seemed to level out. Its cloudy is not washed properly. I have a lot of Riccia in there and that doesn't root, so it's hard to judge. There is some HC 'cuba' in the back left and that is a bugger to plant in Monando. It doesn't crumble very easy though.

Thank you for the information. Best of luck growing your riccia and HC, will be following this one :D

the price has gone up now Tommy (as it does!). I have bought a light, some substrate and a small shoal of tetras. So its up to about £50 now. Still not that expensive.

Looking really great. Ianho :thumbup:

As George pointed out a steeper slope would really set it of. I've never had much luck with riccia and easy carbo lol so you've done well there haha, and 50 for a full set up is pretty cool if you think and arcadia 20 liter set up is around the same money without plants ferts fish and substrate .

thanks mate!, i'm thinking about taking the meshed riccia out and trying to slope it again. It did start out life sloped, but Monando blows all over, and soon leveled out

Back