• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ollie's 180

OllieNZ

Hi All
After spending the last 18mths learning how to grow pretty much every kind of algae and doing some experimenting with a tank I set up before I discovered UKAPS. Ive got a new tank, no real plan just a general Idea of what I want it to look like so it will probably be in constant evolution.
Its a bow front Rio 180 currently with standard lighting
Rena XP3 external filter
Current plant list:
C. Balansae
C. Wendtii
Nymphea
More to be added
Im going to be dosing EI with liquid carbon and upgrading the lighting to 2x 39w t5s.

Substrate setup
298.jpg

Thin layer of osmacote.
299.jpg
#
Handful of peat
300.jpg

Dusting of KNO3, K2PO4 and Equilibrium
301.jpg

Washed non clumping cat litter.

And pics of a couple my multies which I think will start breeding soon fingers crossed.
The Male
P1000621.jpg

The Female
P1000623.jpg

Regards

Ollie

And a quick full tank shot.
P1000667.jpg

Im still working on BBA that developed on the plants in my old tank.

russchilds said:
Love the wood, its looks great! Looking forward to seeing pics once the plants have grown on.

Thanks. It's 2 bits of wood wedged together. I cant wait for it to grow either which is why Im switching from low tech to liquid carbon and EI.

After spot dosing some liquid carbon on the algae it has turned red which I believe means it's a type of hair algae rather than bba which makes sense as I had an inert substrate in my old low tech tank and was a bit slack on the dosing :oops:

Regards

Ollie

Back