• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Old broken mangrove. 45cmx45x30 tmc signature.

That sound good tim, I'll look them up in my plant book when I've finished tea. Thankyou for the input appreciated.

Never had any luck with myriophyllum in the past but what an attractive plant it is. Now I love crypts but can't find the one you mentioned in this dennerele book.

I love your hardscape Kirk.:) Looking forward to seeing this settle in. It's going to be a real beauty in a couple of weeks time.

Thanks mate, I'm holding off pics for a bit as growth is slow I'm still tinkering with co2 light etc......but I'm not medling with the scape I'm trying to be patient.

I'm itching to mess with a scape..

Maybe ill talk my son into a fresh arrangement as I've just picked up his replacement light this morning.:D

This is the new light for my sons tank

Very minimal and cheap. I'll get s pic of it on the tank later.
3bd55f909d2dc6f9e850b078cc8b09da.jpg

That size tank would look nice with Island layout. Next time you fiddle with it leave plants out for a couple of days to see if you can live with your hardscape.

Thanks mate, I'm holding off pics for a bit as growth is slow I'm still tinkering with co2 light etc......but I'm not medling with the scape I'm trying to be patient.

I'm itching to mess with a scape..

Maybe ill talk my son into a fresh arrangement as I've just picked up his replacement light this morning.:D

Yeah...:) sounds like a plan there. And a good one too.;)..Have a great time setting it up.

Hi all, quick couple of pics of my 10yrs old sons tank.

It was desperate for a proper gravel clean and the bba removed via pressure washing stones and wood.

We're quite suprized how bright his new aquael leddy smart light is, more than enough for his lowtech.
425e6a82326df8ce454a68146d7898d8.jpg
0625f19a9f88cead4fe44adafc1e298a.jpg
bacc524dd0a70a166a9c06d5af5d3be2.jpg
3eee7912093307bef5fca7132b1d1fd6.jpg

As for tank this thread is about guess what?

Yes kirk's meddled again:$

Well has been a while since I updated the journal.

Tank has been ran fishless for sometime,so added some ottos and some strawberry rasboras for something to watch,now I get the fascination with ottos they are great characters.:)
Some pics.

5dd24638469a590d0475e313fcd53c62.jpg
8fbf91ac919c08b3d60583ccb2ad9915.jpg
Sorry about reflection and it's a phone pic.:) not much has happened in mths other than plants dying the usual algae here and there and a great snail population.

Hopfully the fish will stop me ripping the tank apart again.

As for my lads tank it's doing well he's had a shrimp boom and I'll add pics later.:)

The leddy led is doing a good enough job on this lowtech tank of his very impressed for the money.

Hi Kirk, Fab thread :thumbup: Congratulations on the baby shrimp :thumbup:
Thankyou mate . This has been the toughest garden so far
. Firstly a whole new set of problems with the different dimensions shallower for a start. Also thinking i know it all, and paying little attention to the simple things, landed me in the old what's wrong, I've messed with things too much, and what did I do that got that nice new growth that's again, dying? .:D

We all know that feeling. our journals go quite.......... and we say we've been busy ;) .
The srimplets have made things all worth while, but they are expensive ones.
It's cheaper to buy some from a member here and pay postage, than it is to purchase them from our son .:) his cheeky smile disappeared when I said I'd invoice him for tank changes and electricity.:D

Hadtotakea few pics now I have put some of hoggies bonsai in.:)

Back