• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oh crap, snails.

I’ve just noticed tiny white snails in my 55l planted tank. I can’t take a photo because I cant zoom in enough to identify them. I can assume they came in on some new plants I bought. I found one or two a few days ago but today I removed a couple of dozen. How can I prevent this from becoming an issue. I’ll try find a bigger one to try take a pic. The tank has 2 nerites and 12 small neon tetras In it.

It's something of an inevitability unless you use in vitro culture. Even if you're careful the little barstewards often find a way in. As a precaution I dip my new plants in eSHa Gastropex solution for a couple of hours. It usually works.

As for getting rid of them, you could dose the tank with the above but you'll probably need more than one application to eradicate them. But since you have nerites it might not be a good idea.

Back