• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Office Nano

Ash J

Hi all,
Thought my office needed some life in it so set up this low tech 40L nano a few days ago 😁.

IMG_20220205_124404.jpg IMG_20220205_142426.jpg

Brilliant, thanks! My desk tank is a 25l cube I got from Aquarium Gardens and I am thinking of upgrading to a larger size. It's refreshing to see a tank available in the UK!

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk

Very nice.
Is that Dennerle gravel? Also what is the clear tube on the surface for?
Yes it's Dennerle Rio Xingu 2-22mm :). ThatBloke is also correct, it's keeping some Phyllanthus fluitans away from the outlet flow for now until it's settled in some as was being blown under the surface and then getting stuck under the mosses.

Brilliant, thanks! My desk tank is a 25l cube I got from Aquarium Gardens and I am thinking of upgrading to a larger size. It's refreshing to see a tank available in the UK!

Sent from my [null] using Tapatalk
It seems pretty good value tbh! It came as a full setup for £115, though I have switched the light out for an Aqua Leddy 2 Smart plant. The 3 stage filter seems to be working well also, I didn't use the biomedia that came with the tank, I ended up putting in some Seachem Matrix from my maintank and a sachet of Purigen and a little filter floss on the inlet to capture all the finer stuff.

A little update on the Office Nano.

It has become a shrimp breeding ground!
IMG_20220519_195431.jpg

IMG_20220519_195843.jpg
The tank was suffering from quite severe filamentous diatoms for quite some time however phosguard completely cleared it in a week and the tank has been crystal clear for well over a month now 😁

Back