• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase in tank filter

Mike Parnaby

So, wanting to set up a small Oase Styleline 85, which is 70 litres or 20 US gallons. It comes with an internal filter, a Bioplus Thermo with integrated heater. What are peoples thoughts on this filter? will it do the job or do I have to think about a better, possibly external canister filter. Not wanting to go that route because of the added expense, but do not want to set myself up for future issues either!

It will be fine for a planted tank without CO2 injection. If you are going to use CO2 you will probably need more flow. Not necessarily from a bigger filter, - you could add a powerhead for the extra flow.

I used the 200 model on a 90lt tank and whilst the flow is reasonable it really didn't seem to pick up much detritus,it just accumulated around the base of the filter.
The coarse sponges were always really clean but the fine one clogged very quickly.

Back