• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase BioSys Skimmer

Jaseon

Im hoping to be making a start on a pond this year. I have power installed outside, and have a plan for design. The Oase skimmer seems to be the one thats most used in the UK so am happy to go with that although i cant seem to find the pump for it. I keep getting directed to the Aquamax series which i dont want. I have some trees nearby so a skimmer seemed the base option other than an in pond one.

Edit: Ive just realised you use the aquamax and just remove the pump inside the cage.

Last edited:
I am just trying to understand, hence the many questions.

I am guessing you are going to have a floating skimmer?

Yes, leaves in the pond are not welcome. I have a few in mine now. How close will this pond be to the trees? its just that (and I don't know where your pond is in relation to the trees) not much stops tree roots, so if at all possible move your pond further away from the trees, as roots can and do puncture pond liners.

There are other skimmers available than Oase. Oase are very good, but not always the best choice.

I am guessing you are going to have a floating skimmer?

Yes, leaves in the pond are not welcome. I have a few in mine now. How close will this pond be to the trees? its just that (and I don't know where your pond is in relation to the trees) not much stops tree roots, so if at all possible move your pond further away from the trees, as roots can and do puncture pond liners.

There are other skimmers available than Oase. Oase are very good, but not always the best choice.
No one of these,

se-built-in-surface-skimmer-biosys-skimmer-800x800.jpg

The Trees are not that close to worry about roots, but close enough that we get a lot blown into the garden in autumn. There doesn't seem to be much choice when it comes to these kind of skimmers in the UK. The US has a much better variety.

Back