• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster 600 actual flow rate

jwmachon

Biomaster 600 flow rate test

Bought to oase biomaster 600 filters today

Thought I would do a flow rate test

Height from filter to test area about 2.5ft

Ran both without media

Both filled 8 litres in 43 seconds

Which I make 670 lph

Just thought some people may find it interesting haha

Just thought some people may find it interesting
Yes most filters don't achieve their advertised flow rates, which for the biomaster 600 would be 1250 l/h.

I think @The grumpy one compiled a list of filters, their advertised flow rate and actual flow rate, his chart had the biomaster 600 at 500l/h, I can only assume this was with media included.

Take home lesson from this... don't believe the speel that aquarium product producers provide.

I think this is the filter comparison chart?

Oase does itself no favors when it uses undersized tubing (14.5mm vs 16mm ID). I wonder if manufacturers measure their flow at 0 head height along with other unrealistic scenarios.

I think this is the filter comparison chart?

Oase does itself no favors when it uses undersized tubing (14.5mm vs 16mm ID). I wonder if manufacturers measure their flow at 0 head height along with other unrealistic scenarios.

Fluval actually publishes two numbers for the FX series. The pump output and a measurement with a realistic head + filter media.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve got a 600 filter head running on a 850 bottom base unit. Nice and quite and plenty of circulation

I found that Oase Biomaster 850 is just perfect for Oase Styleline 175. Wouldn’t recommend anything less than that for 160L tank.

Back