• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase Biomaster 350 Thermo - Flow too strong?

Adding to what all of the above have said, if your filter is still quite new and squeaky clean, you will lose a little bit of flow as everything gets worked in and gunked up. So long term flow will usually be slightly less than setup flow anyway. Its much better to have extra flow that you can mitigate somewhat down the road than to be underpowered, easy to decrease, not so much to increase 😊
Its always scary starting up, but I think you will get through :thumbup:

Hi everyone,

just got this filter a couple of weeks ago and I'm wondering if anyone with a 60p finds it has too strong of a flow?
I am using a reducer with 13mm Lily pipes but even still the plants are really swaying...
Waiting for your feedback! Thanks ;)
I have the 250 on my 55l and the flow was too strong for my gouramis. I changed the lily pipes to Aquario Neo flow reliever, now its's perfect. The Neo flow also has the skimmer which works like magic!

Adding to what all of the above have said, if your filter is still quite new and squeaky clean, you will lose a little bit of flow as everything gets worked in and gunked up. So long term flow will usually be slightly less than setup flow anyway. Its much better to have extra flow that you can mitigate somewhat down the road than to be underpowered, easy to decrease, not so much to increase 😊
Its always scary starting up, but I think you will get through :thumbup:
Hi, yeah it is brand new and I do believe it will lose some flow in the long run, but still seems a bit strong to me.
But I actually thought the same thing you're saying when I got it, better to have too much and reduce it than not having enough. ;) Thanks for your nice words, I hope I can have a beautiful tank in a few months!

I have the 250 on my 55l and the flow was too strong for my gouramis. I changed the lily pipes to Aquario Neo flow reliever, now its's perfect. The Neo flow also has the skimmer which works like magic!
Hi, I don't have animals yet so that's not a concern at this point, but I do think it will be a bit too strong for fish. Especially since I'm thinking of adding small fish species.
My lily pipes are brand new too, they're from Viv and they weren't cheap and I actually really love them. Wouldn't want to change them quite so soon. ;)
I purchased this tap from Eheim that I can use if the flow actually turns out to be too strong, so guess that's always an option.

Attachments

• 617RriDlGLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    617RriDlGLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 101
Throttling the filter a bit is an entirely viable option, make sure only to throttle on the output side of the filter, aka not on water going into filter but on water going out of filter. Some manufacturers have guidelines for how much the filters can be throttled, but I think as long as you stay below 40-50% or so you will likely be fine. It just makes the pump work a little bit harder

Throttling the filter a bit is an entirely viable option, make sure only to throttle on the output side of the filter, aka not on water going into filter but on water going out of filter. Some manufacturers have guidelines for how much the filters can be throttled, but I think as long as you stay below 40-50% or so you will likely be fine. It just makes the pump work a little bit harder
Yes, that was were I was planning to add it. The outflow ;)
I'm leaving as is for the time being and will make use of the tap if it turns out to be too much, especially once I add fish to the tank.
Thanks again!

Back