• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Oase 60 vs Tidal 35

tyler138

Hey all,

I am looking at upgrading to an external canister filter and was wondering if I am looking at the right size one for my tank.

I currently have a Tidal 35 HOB filter, which is great but isn't working as I like with the flow and co2 in my planted tank as it tends to be just surface movement.

Would upgrading to an Oase 60 be better as I could put a lily pipe further down into the tank? Also, would I get better flow from the Oase as it's only 300 l/h compared to the Tidal 35 at 500 l/h?

My tank is a 45l heavily planted tank.

Thanks,
Tyler

Bump, anyone got the Oase 60 or 100 on a small tank and can recommend them?

I am swaying towards the 100 thermo, would this be ok tank level or would I struggle priming it?

I've not used a Tidal or Oase 60 but have used the Oase Filtosmart 100 which was more than powerful (too powerful) for my 25L tank. It did a great job, I just found it annoying to clean because it leaked every time it was opened.
That's good to know for placement, was it a lot or just a bit over the sides?

I've got a thermosmart 100 on a 60l Waterbox Clear mini 16 (ADA 60P dimensions). Does an excellent job.
How was the flow? I am finding the hob filter not even for my co2, tends to stay at one end off the tank.

I personally would buy an eheim experience.

Silent, reliable, forgiving of dicking about, comes with everything in one box.

Depends on the scape and the outlets. I used the 150 and the 250 on my 45p, if I used a jet pipe/nano lily the 150 was enough. Once the tank was super dense I moved to using the aquario flow diffusers and the flow was about the same from the 250 as the 150 but more distributed. I wouldn’t be able to use a jet or nano lily with the 250 on my 45p, it blew the soil around. Dealers choice ultimately, they’ll both work.

Editing for clarity

Last edited:
Back