• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

Nothobranchius rachovii fry.

Ian61

Hello all. As a child I had a tropical fish picture book which featured these stunning fish. Well, approx 50y later I have approx 40 fry having purchased some eggs off eBay. I’m hoping to accommodate several adults in my 120cm planted tank.
The fry are smaller than I’d been led to believe and far too small for brine shrimp. Fortunately I’d some rotifer cultures on standby. I reckon it will be the best part of a week before they’re as large as newly born guppies. Updates to follow. Best wishes, Ian.
5FF16C35-7243-42D8-A0DC-320881578F98.jpeg

They look great & well fed! How long will you have to wait before they begin to resemble the adult fish with their beautiful colouring?

Ian61

Near 7 weeks old and in their prime. Really impressed how they have settled into the community tank. Always visible and not too aggressive. 2 females in with 7 males but they don’t seem to be too harassed. Have 3 other females conditioning in a separate tank with a view to spawning and completing the cycle. If you enjoy your fish keeping in a ‘high octane’ style then these may be the fish for you.
A9F42ABC-258A-4A9F-99E2-D9F94D9B8ECA.jpeg