• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Not an Orchid

jameson_uk

We have been gifted a couple of these plants over the years but I have no idea what they are.
They looked a bit like orchids when we got them but once the flowers died off we just have stems (and they seem to be growing really well).

Any ID on what the plant is and and advice on how to get them to flower again

PXL_20201118_215145742.MP.jpg
PXL_20201118_215057415.MP.jpg

Looks like a dendrobium orchid. They are epiphytes and wont like regular soil. You can get special orchid potting mix which is a mix of moss and other stuff, otherwise just bark or even leave bare.
Interesting, this pot I think is in the soil it came in from a supermarket. Being in soil is the reason I thought it wasn't an orchid.
I will have to get the misses to repot them.... Being epiphytes can the rhizome be buried in orchid potting mix or is it like aquarium ones and the rhizome needs to be above the soil?

My mom used to have that. It's an dendrobium orchid. There's a lot of that in the Philippines(I'm a half filipino).

Back