• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Noooo, broken my glass intake :(

AdAndrews

Bad bad morning so far, i tried to take my cal aqua nano lily pipe off and it broke on the top curve bit :(

I havnt got any other form of intake so i have tried to make one out of the tetratec spraybar, it seems to be holding up fairly well but flow is extreemly restricted, will this be ok for a couple of days?

does anyone else have any better suggestions?

thanks
Adam

Is the flow still acceptable? And are there fish in the tank?

If there is no fish in, just put the hose directly in the tank. If there are fish, than maybe you have a plastic pant pot laying around? With some effort you can use this to keep the fish out of the hose, bu tstill the water in.

Vivarium said:
Is the flow still acceptable? And are there fish in the tank?

If there is no fish in, just put the hose directly in the tank. If there are fish, than maybe you have a plastic pant pot laying around? With some effort you can use this to keep the fish out of the hose, bu tstill the water in.

the flow i suppose is acceptable, there are cherry shrimp and an otto catfish in the tank

thanks.

Providing the filter is still working it should be fine for a few days.

Its the main reason I always get cheapo glassware, just far to easy to break, and ADA is to expensive to have a spare set! :lol:

Not much you can do really, it's always a risk with glass I suppose, I feel your pain though :thubdown:

Sam

Themuleous said:
Providing the filter is still working it should be fine for a few days.

Its the main reason I always get cheapo glassware, just far to easy to break, and ADA is to expensive to have a spare set! :lol:

Not much you can do really, it's always a risk with glass I suppose, I feel your pain though :thubdown:

Sam

im considering getting a pair from hong kong seen as the cal aqua ones are fairly expensive, but i think im limied becuase of the tank size, its only a 35litre, 40cmx28cmx32cm(high)

i will have a look, is there any that you lot deem suitable?

i tell you what somebody/a company should manufacture, clear plastic lilies, they dont really have to be that fancy i would deffo buy some, maybe we should get in contact with someone in the far east?

I made my own from acrylic - I bought a length of acrylic pipe of the correct diameter, placed a spring bender inside the pipe to stop it deforming too much, heated the middle with a garden blow torch and then bended it when the acrylic had melted enough. It dosen't look as good as the glass ones, but I don't have to worry about breaking them. Maybe this would be an option?

amy4342 said:
I made my own from acrylic - I bought a length of acrylic pipe of the correct diameter, placed a spring bender inside the pipe to stop it deforming too much, heated the middle with a garden blow torch and then bended it when the acrylic had melted enough. It dosen't look as good as the glass ones, but I don't have to worry about breaking them. Maybe this would be an option?

maybe, thanks for your help :)

AdAndrews said:
I have ordered from hong kong, a set of lily pipes, will probably be around a week before i get them though :lol:
if your lucky. With royal mail being a :silent: its not helping anyone!

tis only a 35litre, i think it will hold up fine, or re-phrased, i hope it will hold up fine :lol:

fingers crossed, i had considered taking the hack saw to it ever since i read a thread about someone making their own and using the same technique for the slits.

nick.. :lol: i think they are getting their act together now.

Nick16 said:
AdAndrews said:
I have ordered from hong kong, a set of lily pipes, will probably be around a week before i get them though :lol:
if your lucky. With royal mail being a :silent: its not helping anyone!

strikes are over until after christmas :thumbup:

Back