• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

"Noobula" 90 x 45 x 60

6622671ca87f5ddba497f2091d27d92d.jpg

So my first fish pegged in spectacular fashion. One of my Celestial Pearl Danios managed to jump out of the small openings in my tank cover and by the time I found the poor fella, he was dried to a crisp.....

Does anyone else have experience of Danios jumping? To be honest, these guys are a bit too (hyper) active for my liking and I might just swop them out....

Sent from Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk
Many fish can jump for various reasons. I've had nearly all types jump except cardinal tetra who seem to roam the bottom of the tank.

Original UP New Inline CO2 Atomizer Diffuser System
& this
I am having a bit of a weird situation trying to keep my CO2 levels where it should be. I am almost running a steady stream of bubbles, never mind 2-4 bps.... Is this normal? Anyone else running like 10+ bps on a tank this size ?

are linked, many people using the inline diffusers have uncountable (or even steady stream) CO2 bubble rates.

Looking at your photos, you seem to have a good degree of surface agitation - which is fine, just means that CO2 will gas off more efficiently, you might adjust this during photoperiod by either raising/lowering the filter outlet or by adding in an air pump or skimmer to run intermittently through the "dark" period.

Rather than covering tank in evenings, why not adjust photoperiod to run 5pm - 11pm etc?

All fish can/will jump (take flight)
The CPD's will likely do better in a larger shoal (especially given tank size & openness) - though if you don't much like them, rehome these guys & choose another :)

Tank is looking very well :thumbup:
note that chosen light is not really "high intensity" given the depth of water (tank height) so you may need to wait on redness of your plants until they reach nearer the surface.

I also like to run CO2 24/7 - I just run at a lower rate outside photoperiod ... I keep fish that prefer pH 4-6 (tap runs 6 - 6.5 & now suddenly 7 - 7.5 ... thanks for the notice Waterboard :banghead:)

So it's been quite a while since my last post. Things were coming along nicely in the tank but I unfortunately had to move to a new place so I semi broke it down ( removed all the rocks and drained it so my mate and I could carry it). Got it set up at the new pad and decided not to add the rocks again as I was planning on a new scape. Fast forward and I was unable to get hold of the rocks I was looking for to do a new mountain scape. So eventually I decided to settle on a tree stump look with mosses, crypts, anubias and java ferns - you get the idea.

Anyway here is how the tank looks at the moment. I will break it down in a week or two after the wood is finished soaking.

896b9e2fcf3db02c731c59e56dd44760.jpg

8c0dcf3cf20908b8a4ef39f647b9b12a.jpg

e07f3b27edadc969c9b471bb55dcaf4c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cracking healthy plants, looks like the move went fine! I like the first wood scape, the angle draws the eye more naturally up to the top right. This'll look ace!

What a hectic Saturday! Far more work and effort than I thought it would be. Uprooting plants, catching stock, scooping out gravel, sorting, drying etc. Looked like a bombshell hit my place - wife wasn't too happy about it

Anyway got it set up, a few set backs in terms of stock loss but looking good on day two!

I will probably start a new Journal ( I think rescaping in the same journal is frowned upon here ) but for now here is how it is looking now ( yes there are a few extra plants that will not be in the layout after I get my new tank - it just to keep em going - I paid good money for em and aint gonna loose it! )

2349bd0426c74ae24187b9d0a2603786.jpg
5779963042ca7cda189d1441dba4c7ee.jpg
b1337d99249b06fc8f64294166207a87.jpg

What do you guys think?

Really cool hardscape and interesting layout overall. It looks unusual, but then I realized you have pretty tall tank! Cool.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah the tall tank is quite a challenge to scape with - might add another piece to back left corner, or add roots/rocks - however there's not a lot of space.

Am going for a old tree stump look - going to keep it for at least a year so lots of time to fine tune!

Last edited:
Did some maintenance over the weekend and removed the unwanted plants from my previous tank - gave them to one of the guys at my LFS.

Also removed my nerites as they started laying eggs everywhere and practically impossible to get off my dark featured wood. Will get some Amano's in to replace em.

My plan is to now fill out the tank with more narrow leaf, crypts and hopefully if my lfs can order, a selection of buces ( aren't they just the prettiest of plants?!?)

Currently setting up a 60P and will transfer my neons to that one. I have ordered some German Blue Rams and am considering adding some Electric Blue Rams too - thinking 3 breeding pairs in total. How many can you keep in a tank? Anyone have any experience with breeding them? Tips?

Here she is after the maintenance....

dcc4ed18f5d843f88ae9d06fd1d56da3.jpg

Back