• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

no more broken lily pipes!

Alastair

I was having a nosey through the tmc aqua gro range catalogue and came across their range of acrylic lily pipes. Ive never seen anywhere else manufacture these and thought it would be good to post a link :)

Page 13 - Aquagro

Worth it for those who have broken a few sets before now

just been on to my stockist to see if he can get his hands on one
of these for me :)

Got two sets only for the clear skimmer, they are made of two pieces glued together and tend to leak after awhile. They are also more fragile than the glass ones.

I also like the stainless steel pipes.. easy to make, easy to use..

Just would like to have a way to change the shape of the output, maybe get one one that can clip on in the the steel pipe, and that can be made of anything ..

Am I right in saying that stainless kills bacteria? Just woundered as I've seen those soap free stones supposed to kill germs. :) perhaps I'm being an idiot but the ones I saw were stainless. :)

i got myself a set of theses off of ebay. on one level i love it but on another level it can be quite tricky to get the height of the inlet right so as to draw just enough surface water in without pulling air down into the filter too, plus it's not possible to turn the direction of the outlet lilly at all . That having been said, i am using the inlet but using it conventionally mostly and once a day skimming the surface film off . i liked the look of the steel piping but it seemed reeeeally epensive ......

Tmc dont make the acrylic pipes. I have been phoning them from work since xmas about them. At first they said they were just playing with prototypes later they decided there wasnt really a market for them.

Shame as they would of come in a nice case with a special set of cleaning brushes included prices were reasonable as well. Iirc 60quid 12mm 80quid 16mm

Alas it is not to be i did say that this was ddissapointing to tmc lol

It seems a bit of a no-brainer to make them out of acrylic. Maybe they know that sales would fall if the stuff they sold was much less likely to break?

(Sorry, been reading conspiracy theories :rolleyes:)

Tmc dont make the acrylic pipes. I have been phoning them from work since xmas about them. At first they said they were just playing with prototypes later they decided there wasnt really a market for them.

Shame as they would of come in a nice case with a special set of cleaning brushes included prices were reasonable as well. Iirc 60quid 12mm 80quid 16mm

Alas it is not to be i did say that this was ddissapointing to tmc lol

Wonder why youve been told that as the gent from my local fish shop who gets me all my tmc stuff said he can pick a set up from tmc direct anytime

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Slightly off topic, but is TMC's base in Manchester open to the public? What with travelling to uni in Salford every day, I'm thinking an aquatically motivated detour might be in order.

Alastair is the same one just without the aquagro sticker. :)
As Mike said in the other topic they tend to break easily or leak, a couple of guys here in my country confirmed this also, such pity since the skimmer design is great.

Alastair is the same one just without the aquagro sticker. :)
As Mike said in the other topic they tend to break easily or leak, a couple of guys here in my country confirmed this also, such pity since the skimmer design is great.

Ahh shame

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Back