• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nikon D3000 Any Good?

Ben M

Hi, I'm looking to get a decent camera for taking pics of everything really, from countryside to fish. ;) i have found the Nikon d3000 at Tesco for £330 with a free digi picture frame, and for an extra £10 an 8GB SD card. do you think this is a decent camera for a beginner photographer (i normally use a compact)? i think this is as high as the budget will go as it is for my B'day.

i'd appreciate quick replies, as i'll be getting it this afternoon. :D

thanks, i tried both of them at Currys, who were very helpful, and i got the canon 1000d. i preferred the canon, it felt a lot better to me. i was amazed by the picture quality when i took some pics in the shop, and i love the manual focus compared to my compact, which never focuses on what i want it to. i'm currently waiting for the battery to charge and reading the manual. can't wait to start taking pics!

cheers :D

pest control said:
thanks, i tried both of them at Currys, who were very helpful, and i got the canon 1000d. i preferred the canon, it felt a lot better to me. i was amazed by the picture quality when i took some pics in the shop, and i love the manual focus compared to my compact, which never focuses on what i want it to. i'm currently waiting for the battery to charge and reading the manual. can't wait to start taking pics!

Good luck with it,you have made a good choice its a nice body to get you started,
regards,
john.

thanks, i've already taken about 500 pics and i'm really pleased with it. i think i'm improving already. :D i've got some good pics of harlequin rasboras, but i'm struggling with the lemon bn's.:lol:

One word of advice, pest control, if I may. Firing off tons of shots (known as spray and pray) really isn`t the best way to learn how to take photographs. Give thought to what you are taking pictures of all the time.

Glad to hear you are having fun with the camera, though! Photography is the greatest hobby of them all. :D

Dave.

thanks for the advise Dave. :D i've just been playing with it for a bit. :oops: :lol:

i'm going to read the bit in the manual called advanced shooting techniques.:? then i'll try taking some proper pics.
my mum and brother are both jealous, they want one now. :lol: i'm not allowed my camera back now until i've done my homework, so i'd better get on with it now. ;)

Back