• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Night Light - Yes or No

Jonatk

Hi, I have two Fluval Aquasky, 42" lights, and I am leaving one of them on through the night, on the moon setting for the fish. The light is blue through the night.
Does anyone think this is necessary?
I am also starting to notice a build up of algae recently, could this be down to the night light or is this just coincidence as the tank is only around 8 weeks old. I am dosing with Columbo liquid co2 and their plant fertilizer. All my plants are doing fine and my mosses are growing well.

Thanks

I would ditch having the night light on during the night when your asleep, because your providing 24hr light and that's just a recipe for algae.

Fish don't have it in the wild so why do they need it in a tank, as above I think its not needed but can cause excess algae.

Excellent. Thank you all.
Its ditched through the night from now on.
Don't suppose if any of you know whether a small red bristlenose plec is going to be ok with my carpeting plants, grasses, mosses and liverworts ?

Excellent. Thank you all.
Its ditched through the night from now on.
Don't suppose if any of you know whether a small red bristlenose plec is going to be ok with my carpeting plants, grasses, mosses and liverworts ?

I've got 4 good size bristle nose, and they are fine with carpeting plants ....it's my loaches and kribs that do most of the digging!!!

Back