• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's Aquascaping & Water Garden - Photos & Videos

Nigel95

Hi guys,

Decided to make a new journal to share some moments of my underwater world.

Hope you will enjoy it!

Cinematic video about the nature aquarium and the story about Takashi Amano

45P Nano Aquascape
51092182445_137ea2d961_z.jpg
45p Nano aquascape by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Microsorum sp. pearling
50337436312_27405e702b_b.jpg
Microsorum Plant Pearling O2 in a Water Garden - Photosynthesis by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Green neon tetra
50336590853_4e0f4f70e3_c.jpg
Simulans aquarium fish by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love-hate relationship with those amano shrimp
43490789121_30788db29f_c.jpg
amano by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Great cleaners but I have also see them eating very expensive moss. It was adapting with new fresh shoots and suddenly everything was gone lol. Maybe I should feed them more :banghead:

Love-hate relationship with those amano shrimp
43490789121_30788db29f_c.jpg
amano by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Great cleaners but I have also see them eating very expensive moss. It was adapting with new fresh shoots and suddenly everything was gone lol. Maybe I should feed them more :banghead:

I hate them since they killed 2 of my otocinclus, the old and big females are always hungry and became very agressive..:(.they eat soft plants like alternanthera, staurogyne, Some fine moss as you said...and IMO they are quite useless against algae. Did I mention the mess they make with soil and sand? :mad:

I hate them since they killed 2 of my otocinclus, the old and big females are always hungry and became very agressive..:(.they eat soft plants like alternanthera, staurogyne, Some fine moss as you said...and IMO they are quite useless against algae. Did I mention the mess they make with soil and sand? :mad:
Yeah they are bastards. I do remember though in one of my first forests there was some hair algae in the mosses. Was still learning a lot and probably could fixed it with better conditions but didn't really know how back then. I added some amanos back then and they were really effective for that. They did a better job than me with the toothbrush, cleaned it all and didn't come back, or it probably did but they maintained it by eating the algae?

Now a days I prefer to just have a lot of red cherries. Clithon sp (mini nerites) are also quite nice to keep rocks a bit cleaner. The shells can suffer with softer water and co2 though.

I do love snails, they do an amazing job on hardscape for sure :) My water isn’t soft so they generally do well.
I do like neocaridina too but each rescape is a pain with all the shrimplets...

Some really lovely pictures, what camera/lens setup do you use? Apologies if this was answered elsewhere.
That picture is with Canon 200d + 60mm macro lens.

Some shots in this thread are older and shot with canon 700d.

Now a days I use
Canon 200d
Canon 10-18 mm (final tank shots for diorama / depth styles)
Sigma 18-35 mm (FTS nature style, medium and close up shots) Love this lens for video projects.
Canon 60mm (close ups / macro work)

I have the same with SAE I no longer have moss in my tank, they even eat young leaves from some plants..

Back