• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nigel's 80cm Nature Aquarium Aquascape

Nigel95

Hey guys!

This is my 80cm contest tank for 2019. Results are coming soon so I'm sharing the hardscape now and will update this journal later on. :)

Tank
Optic white 80 x 40 x 40 cm 128l

Light
ADA RGB Solar

Co2
Co2 art elite regulator + atomizer
Aquaflora Plants
Rotala Green, Rotala Rotundifolia, Rotala Hra, hydrocotyle tripartita, Microsorum Petite, Fissidens sp., Bucephalandra sp, Marsilea Hirsuta, Bolbitis sp., Vesicularia Ferriei, Hemianthus Glomeratus, Micranthemum Monte Carlo, Cryptocoryne Parva, Ceratopteris Thalictroides, Callicostella Prabaktiana, Riccardia Chamedryfolia, Eleocharis acicularis mini, Taxiphyllum Flame, Hygrophila Pinnatifida,

Substrate
Aquaforest lava split
Ada amazonia aqua soil
Ada la plata

Hardscape
Dragon stone Spiderwood

Filter Eheim experience 350

Hanging kit
Evolution aqua

Lily pipes and dry salts for fertilizers from PlantedBox

Step by step hardscape + planting details

Final video

IAPLC 2019
Top 27 result
48496164286_f9fb72a0e9_h.jpg
iaplc-2019-letter-honor-prize-nigel-hoevenaar by Nigel Aquascaping, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Nigel,

Lovely video editing and pleasant to watch, thanks!

About the scape, looks an bit too symetrical to me but I'm sure that now the plants are fully grown it looks way more natural.

Is the Ada Solar worth the hefty pricetag? Thanks

Hi Nigel,

Lovely video editing and pleasant to watch, thanks!

About the scape, looks an bit too symetrical to me but I'm sure that now the plants are fully grown it looks way more natural.

Is the Ada Solar worth the hefty pricetag? Thanks

Thanks man

The planted version is indeed completely different. I also did a lot of tweaks but the basic composition is ofc the same.

The ada rgb solar really makes the colors saturated. I personally like that especially the green colors. However I upgraded to a 120cm tank and didn't wanna buy another ada rgb solar. So I sold it and for the money I got back I bought a t5 unit and even have money left. The t5 gives a nice even spread which I like with heavy hardscape styles. Very easy to tweak a few bulbs and boost certain colors. But anyways I personally love the look of ada rgb solar. But worth the price tag? Hmm... I think Twinstar S gives good bang for the buck compared.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Looks really good mate I watched it on your you tube channel cant wait to see it grow in good look with the comp
Cheers
Jay

Wow, insane result Nigel, top 27! contrats!

Can't wait to see the final pic with plants fully grown in!

Cheers

Thanks all!
Wow, insane result Nigel, top 27! contrats!

Can't wait to see the final pic with plants fully grown in!

Cheers
Will share it after the NA party at October 19. I'm also visiting Japan this year with a Belgium friend and will make a video of the na gallery.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Just came back from an amazing trip to Japan / ADA. I recorded lots of footage and whenever I have time I will make a video about this (but this probably will take some time). Now I'm back at home it's finally time to share my IAPLC 2019 Rank 26 scape. I hope you enjoy it!

Back