• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Next step: a new table.

Found this little boi. By "found" I mean I bought a net, got on the car and went to the only pond I know stocked them nearby. Took a couple tries, but this little one bit the dust in the end. He's tiny. He'll never acquire the coloration you'll find in the internet, those are mostly Uruguaian ones, but he should polish up quite a bit.

Gymnogeophagus Meridionalis

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-28 at 9.07.00 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-28 at 9.08.23 PM.jpeg

This is the first I've seen of him out in the open, I added him 24 hrs ago. He still hides when I come near, the last one I had would come out when he saw me. Coloration has improved vastly since capture, though. You can already notice the red and blue spots in the fins, and the red streak in his eyes.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-20 at 9.12.20 PM.jpeg

Bit of an update. I'm not happy with the water clarity though. I'll be adding some Limnoperna Fortunei on the log, right where the small filter provides circulation, so as to have them filter feed and clear stuff up further. I have yet to think of a way to make this "aesthetically correct", even though looks were never the point here.

There's something oddly satisfying about the growth rate of Vals. The stuff is an untidy cramped weed, but seeing that amount of greenery spring up, no matter how heavily you prune it, looking solid and almost lettuce-like is just awesome.

Screen Shot 2023-10-07 at 4.17.37 PM.png

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-07 at 4.12.47 PM.jpeg

Back