• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

newzealand scapers. ? How big is the scene?

kirk

Hi all, Ive realy got into this scaping lark and realy don't want to give up on it as I will miss the beauty it brings into our home.

I'm trying to decide weather it's worth me exporting my equipment over to newzealand if we go. Or sell and rebuild in 12 mths or so. Im imagining the tank would be a stupid idea down to glass or the plants would be seen as a hazard, I'll miss my bog wood and fisidens:(...... But not where I live :D

You'd need to look into the import laws as I believe there is an approved list of species allowed in and if it's not on the list then no chance, not to mention you will be fined heavily or even imprisoned for breaching them. The best place to start regarding any imports would be NZ MAF as they make the rules. I doubt equipment would be an issue as long as it's scrupulously clean but I suspect you will struggle with anything living. Hardscape may be a bit of a grey area.
I can't speak for the scene so to speak as I'd only just got into fish keeping just before I left but the pet shop I bought my fish and equipment from was reasonable for both fish and equipment considering it wasn't a dedicated aquatic shop. Your milage may vary depending where you end up in the country.

Back