• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New to UKAPS

Polyester

Hi everyone

New to UKAPS, found it today, seems to be a very good place to get information, share knowledge and get to know people.

Moved from Sweden about a year ago, living in southeast Essex. Had a break regarding aquatics, time to start again!
Bought a Jewel Rio 180l tank, that I hope to get delivered before the weekend.

Will focus on plants and less on fish this time, so I am looking for a good Co2 kit, pref with controller, and 6kg flask, anyone got suggestions who to contact?

/ Anders

Ps. Sorry for my spelling and grammar

Welcome to UKAPS and I hope you enjoy your return to the hobby. It sounds like you are looking at going down the right track with getting CO2 :) It really does make a difference to most plants I have found.

mvasingh has alluded to one topic that is frequently discussed on here, and that is of the efficiency of the juwel filter in terms of distributing the CO2 you inject. Consensus feels that they are just not up to scratch and most people remove the internal in favour of a more powerful external. I wont go into huge detail on this subject on this thread though as its not the appropriate place. Best thing is for you to start up a journal (you dont have to wait until the tank arrives :) ) and it can be discussed on there. OR in the Equipment section if you prefer. You have a nice tank on order and with a few tweeks it can be a brilliant one :)

:wave:

Thank you for the warm welcome :D

Mike, will replace the internal filter, with a Tetratech 1200, if it fits in the cabinet, goin to the shop on monday to check. Regarding the light, will keep the original and install a fitting for 2 more tubes.

Antipofish, thank you for your welcome and input :thumbup:
Good idea about starting a journal. Will do, working this weekend, might get some more time next week.

Hopefully will get my tank delivered on Tuesday, and my CO2 kit should have arrived from Germany by then too.
Also ordered the gravel and some other bit´s and pieces

Been looking at scapes the last few nights, to the point that my girlfriend think im very anti social lol.

Time to look at some more and update my "wish list"

Regards,
Anders

Back