• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new to ferts

Harkle420

Hi i am running a rio 180, with T8 light on a 10 hour timer( not digtal,but going to get some tomorrow as mine is lossing time and going to put my co2 on a hour before the light ( advice from this amazing site :thumbup: )). i am running a jbl co2 bottle at about 1 to 2 bubbles a minute( waiting for a better bubble counter and a rhinox 5000 diffuser from ebay ) i have 15 pencilfish (love them), 4 ottoculus and 10 ammono shrimp ( mine get some cherry shrimp soon ) i am running atwo external a 650 lph on the surface and a 1000 lph just surface so i do not blow off all my co2 ( more amazing advice from this amazing site :thumbup: ) :D
so finally my question ferts?? i do not want to spent a arm and a leg on pre-made ferts so what do u suggest?

sorry i did mean 1-2 bubbles seconds not minute :lol: 1-2 per minute my bottle would lasts for years ha ha i am such a wookie :lol:

i have order some mono potassium sulphate, potassium nitrate, magnesium sulphate and a trace element mix, did i miss anything? i am just going to exiperiment with amount and see what works for me! my ricca is not doing well pearling but is getting smaller by the day and my HC leaves are going yellow? HELP LOL LOL!!

I would start with potassium nitrate, mono potassium phosphate and trace. You hadn`t covered phosphates. Look to get CO2 levels and all fert dispersion right from the outset. The forum stickies will be a great help for you, too. Add GH booster if you have soft water.

Dave.

I just ripped out my heat cable after reading then can leak all the nurts from my substrate if there where any left!! when i say just that was six hours ago, it ripped up all my plants and pulled all my bogwood which i spent three weeks getting in the right postion!! i think that was not one of my better ideas not lol!! phoshate i know i would forget some thing!poo :lol:

i did get my dry salts the other day and i did order potassium phoshate not sulphate so that ok! i have made up some 500ml stock soultion according to the amount suggest on the site i order the salts from. At the moment it is all a bit of guess work. A bit of try it and see what happens. is 10 ppm going to make a differeance? I would EI, but the 50% water change shock me abit, that 90 litres in my tank!!!!

Back