• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank!

Aqua360

Hi all,

Quite excited for a new scape I have planned, that I'm going to dedicate entirely to crystal black/red shrimp; most likely using a combo of my favourite plants including dwarf anubias and java trident. A big thanks to @SinkorSwim for generously offering me this tank to work with (and also convincing me to house shrimp in something decently sized for once!)

Tank is 60x30x30 or approx. 54 litres I believe, with a piece of wood I'd bought years ago that fits well I think. This scape will likely be a slow burner, aiming to do this one justice in terms of exact layout, plants; and water quality in prep for inhabitants.

60x30.jpg

Hi all,

Quite excited for a new scape I have planned, that I'm going to dedicate entirely to crystal black/red shrimp; most likely using a combo of my favourite plants including dwarf anubias and java trident. A big thanks to @SinkorSwim for generously offering me this tank to work with (and also convincing me to house shrimp in something decently sized for once!)

Tank is 60x30x30 or approx. 54 litres I believe, with a piece of wood I'd bought years ago that fits well I think. This scape will likely be a slow burner, aiming to do this one justice in terms of exact layout, plants; and water quality in prep for inhabitants.

View attachment 106155

Thats quite the piece of wood you have there. Cant wait to see what you end up at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice tank profile and a lovely piece of wood. Looking forward to seeing this one develop. Do yo mind me asking - what type/brand of tank is it?

That's a nice tank profile and a lovely piece of wood. Looking forward to seeing this one develop. Do yo mind me asking - what type/brand of tank is it?

It's a custom build, 60x30x30 low iron rimless; has really nice dimensions :)

Hi,

Very nice project! The wood looks great! You may use also some Bucephalandra, there are a few places where it could placed.
Even if you will have only low light requirements plants, are you planning to keep only that Dennerle lamp?
Looks to me not enough.

Wow, love the wood, reminds me of a dragon's head! Can't wait to see how it will turn out.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Very nice project! The wood looks great! You may use also some Bucephalandra, there are a few places where it could placed.
Even if you will have only low light requirements plants, are you planning to keep only that Dennerle lamp?
Looks to me not enough.

I'm mostly thinking moss predominantly, with perhaps some anubias and ferns; I've only used sand so I've not got much scope for carpet plants, but main goal for this tank is a shrimp colony, you may be right on the lamp, it's a case of finding out what works and what doesn't just now :)

Right now, the bit of wood is floating, so it has a large rock sitting on it, which hasn't made it very attractive lol

Back