• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New tank ordered!

Trakkajack

So with your members help I was directed to Horizon and have just ordered my new tank. I can’t wait .... they have been very very helpful.
In the end I went for the Oase Styline 175 in white with the matching cabinet
I am also getting the Oase Biomaster 250 thermo external filter
Nothing like I was initially going to get (Roma 240) so thank you to everyone that steered me in the right direction.
Any more tips greatly appreciated. I will always listen to others and am very keen to learn.
I will report my progress as I am a total beginner so it might help others in the future.

Hi
Why not start a journal when you receive your new set-up....its a more involved way of reporting progress, warts and all ;)
hoggie

Hi
Why not start a journal when you receive your new set-up....its a more involved way of reporting progress, warts and all ;)
hoggie
Ok yes sounds a good way of tracking progress. Do you have a template on here or do you mean a paper version as I’m not sure what I should be reporting and keeping track of so some pointers would be great thank you.

Hiya @Trakkajack just go to the Journals section of the forum and post everything you do with the tank in your own titled post that way it keeps everything neatly in one thread. Plenty of pictures (speaks volumes) your plans, equipment you're using and any thoughts or questions you have. Saves you dotting round various posts to find answers.

Also helps for other members to be able to look back through how the tank got to where it is if you run into problems.

Ok yes sounds a good way of tracking progress. Do you have a template on here or do you mean a paper version as I’m not sure what I should be reporting and keeping track of so some pointers would be great thank you.

well it seems you are well on your way with some good quality equipment and hopefully the beginning of a relationship with a local supplier.

As mentioned a journal would be a good way to track your own progress, and also for folk like us to have a nosey at....

Awesome! I wish these were popular when I was buying my display tank, definitely would have been swayed.

Good luck!

Expert at nothing, dab hand at many.
I’ve not seen one in the flesh as yet but I’ve watched a few aquascaping videos where they have been used (different sizes) and they look very nice!

well it seems you are well on your way with some good quality equipment and hopefully the beginning of a relationship with a local supplier.

As mentioned a journal would be a good way to track your own progress, and also for folk like us to have a nosey at....
Thank you. Yes I said to Nicole at Horizon she will be sick of me pestering her!

Nice.

I would suggest swapping the filter to the 600 Oase though. The 250 might be a bit underpowered for a 175L tank, especially if you are using co2 in the future.

Have a chat with Horizon.
👍
Oh right thank you. I’m not using co2 at present as that’s too technical for me just now I feel but yes maybe in the future I might feel confident to add it. I am presuming the higher the number the larger the filter?

Back