• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New style up atomiser

I saw them the other day but no idea how its supposed to work to be honest why use two ceramics when the co2 would force the water out of the second one .... it makes no sense to me. it even shows the Co2 Coming from the first ceramic tube and into the second one.... It looks like its just some gimmic to me.

Not to mention it needa 3 bar to run!

Give it a miss Matt looks abit dodgy.

The UPatomizers are fine if you want to get a decent mist of co2 that's just a gimmick mate.

I wasn't going to get one
I already have an up atomiser and am well pleased just wondered if anyone had seen it and if there were any guinea pigs out there
I agree Ryan it does look a bit dodgy
What gets me is if you read the box it says you can take it apart for cleaning!! You would hope the seals were good at 3 bar!!!!!!!
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont fully understand how this one works but guessing the first membrane is like a pre filter that can be replaced or removed for cleaning?
Looks great to me but I like gimmicks!
3 bar is above the red line on my regulator but I am using water irrigation pipe line that is rated to 5 bar.

foxfish said:
I dont fully understand how this one works but guessing the first membrane is like a pre filter that can be replaced or removed for cleaning?
Looks great to me but I like gimmicks!
3 bar is above the red line on my regulator but I am using water irrigation pipe line that is rated to 5 bar.

A pre filter to filter the co2? Lol

Glad I made you laugh Johno LOL!
Perhaps slightly lager apertures in the first part (membrane - ceramic?) (ie pre filter for want of a different word!) so the gas is already broken up into small bubbles & partly dissolved before it has to pass into the second part?
I have no real idea how it works what is your idea?

In my opinion this atomiser is kinda update of the old one. With the addition of second membrane, I believe they are trying to break down the bubbles, that have caused the mist in the aquarium with the old one. The other marketing trick is the transparent body, which is fancy and will allow you to "see the CO2" - from this I assume that when you connect it to the filter it will fill up with water, as there will be not much pressure. Then when you switch on the CO2 the fine bubbles going out from the first membrane will be defused even more through the second one. That is why the needed pressure is so high- to be able to push the water with the CO2 dissolved through. I cant figure out, how the body will keep filling up with water, as the pressure will push it out....

Maybe someone needs to get one and try it
Anyone???
Matt

Back