• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New scape, Tor to Tor NEW PICS 20/12/2011

chilled84

New scape, Yippee, Old one went real bad, Fancied trying something real new to me. Kind of iwgumi, Rocks all from local quarry 100% Uk rock. :D

Pics

img01363201112052301.jpg

Need plants now

Going for HC again, and Hair grass.

Re: New scape, Tor to Tor NOW HAS PICS

Verrry nice mate im liking that alot. And those rocks are perfect in their. I can definitely see where the blyxa is needed ha ha. What's the substrate your using and what plants have you got in mind.

What filtration are you running too :0)

Alastair said:
Verrry nice mate im liking that alot. And those rocks are perfect in their. I can definitely see where the blyxa is needed ha ha. What's the substrate your using and what plants have you got in mind.

What filtration are you running too :0)

Cheers, Filtration is eheim 2080 and 2075, Substrate is cat litter, Plants in mind are HC and Dwarf Hairgrass :D

Very nice start, on my way to the quarry now :)

will look great when filled in and filled out.

The rock placement is really good.

thise.jpg

thisthis.jpg

Little update, Adding my HC to forground, Couldnt get alot of pots but hopefully it will grow, Still not enought blyxa at moment. Its got a long way to go this scape. The right hand side needs sorted as the rocks keep getting caves dug under them from an anoying bristlenose. It was steeper banked but settlement has lowerd the steepness wich i plan to address very soon as i dont like how flat its become. :D

rocks keep getting caves dug under them from an anoying bristlenose
:lol:
I have the same problem in my tank. Every time I try and plant HC within 24hrs it`s floating. They are going to be evicted for my next scape. :wave:

I will follow this with interest. I had planned on going down the cat litter, and native hardscape myself. It`s looking good. :thumbup:

Quetzalcoatl said:
rocks keep getting caves dug under them from an anoying bristlenose
:lol:
I have the same problem in my tank. Every time I try and plant HC within 24hrs it`s floating. They are going to be evicted for my next scape. :wave:

I will follow this with interest. I had planned on going down the cat litter, and native hardscape myself. It`s looking good. :thumbup:

Thanks, My pleco will be getting evicted soon too, I put an add in lfs but nobody seems to want him lol. These caves are huge lol.

chilled84 said:
Thanks, My pleco will be getting evicted soon too, I put an add in lfs but nobody seems to want him lol. These caves are huge lol.

put him in a box send him to me i'll make a home for him :) <3 plec's

A great stone layout bud. I'm not really a fan of the sloped substrate(left to right), but this seems to work a bit better than most I've seen

Mark Evans said:
A great stone layout bud. I'm not really a fan of the sloped substrate(left to right), but this seems to work a bit better than most I've seen

It was ment to be sloped right through but i cant do that right now for the pleco issue. Do you think it would be better right through too. :D

mikeappleby said:
lots of people put artificial dividers in when they're doing a sloped substrate to make it stick as a slope. just thin bits of plastic, like garden edging, sunk beneath the surface. might be worth a try.

Here's a classic example: http://www.flickr.com/photos/16557506@N ... 933031943/

I have that in there already lol. Great tip tho. :D

Got some algau appearing now, Think its due to it being a new setup? I have algau comeing on the rocks and have some fuzzy algaue on Blyxa, Hc has finally dropped back it emersed growth and has hope by the looks of things started to grow its new imersed growth. Just hopeing the algau to due to it being a start up issue? :D

Back