• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • You can now follow UKAPS on Instagram.

New Scape (don’t judge me it’s been a while)

Ian Holdich

Hey all, long time no speak. Hope you’re all well!

After a very strange few years, I have decided to start another scape.

I haven’t bought the tank yet, but wanted to start a new thread to document the journey.

It’s only going to be a small scale to start with, 30 - 60 litres. It’s going to be done on a real tight budget as well, so fingers crossed.

Pics incoming in the next week.

It’s good to be back x

MichaelJ

Hey all, long time no speak. Hope you’re all well!

After a very strange few years, I have decided to start another scape.

I haven’t bought the tank yet, but wanted to start a new thread to document the journey.

It’s only going to be a small scale to start with, 30 - 60 litres. It’s going to be done on a real tight budget as well, so fingers crossed.

Pics incoming in the next week.

It’s good to be back x
Hi @Ian Holdich, Can't wait to see what a respected UKAPS veteran can come up with! Welcome back...7 years, drought?! :)

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:

Ian Holdich

The tanks arrived, as said I have done it on the cheaper side, so no ADA and the likes. Here’s a quick pic

Attachments

• 1225BDC0-1801-406E-AC12-22237DC13955.jpeg
    1225BDC0-1801-406E-AC12-22237DC13955.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 101
  • 5FBB7F66-5AA3-4DEA-BDA0-2FADF1B9BCDD.jpeg
    5FBB7F66-5AA3-4DEA-BDA0-2FADF1B9BCDD.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 94

Ian Holdich

Hey peeps, the set up has been running for a week now. Took out the ugly internal filter and replaced with a Ehiem 130 eco pro. I have gone with easy peezy plants to begin with as it’s been so long and I have literally forgot everything!

Ian Holdich

Looks cool. I’m reading through some of your old journals. Brilliant stuff
It’ll hopefully look better when it’s grown in and that’ll take a while as I’m not using C02 on this, just carbo.
Also, cheers for looking through them, they were good times them. I suppose you never lose passion for a hobby you enjoy

Ian Holdich

One thing I’ve missed over the years was growing Crypts…they always will be one of the most understated plants