• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Scape (critique needed) PICS

Heres a pic for anyone who has experince with the jbl set

jbl-1.jpg

I just feel that the solenoid should be secure in someway, as i said earlier i have looked for pics on the net for the same setup and other solenoids are attached straight to the regulator, unlike mines which has the tubing from reg to solenoid.

Somebody must have used this set. I only bought it as i was advised it is one of the better setups.

Don't forget it will take a good 3 or 4 hours to get a good reading from a drop checker, and you must move the DC around to make sure co2 levels are consistent around the entire tank.

Lower your light levels and dose liquid carbon until you get a refill, then double check there are no leaks anywhere in the regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, check valve and line.

The solenoid inline is fine.

JamesM said:
Don't forget it will take a good 3 or 4 hours to get a good reading from a drop checker, and you must move the DC around to make sure co2 levels are consistent around the entire tank.

Lower your light levels and dose liquid carbon until you get a refill, then double check there are no leaks anywhere in the regulator, solenoid, bubble counter, check valve and line.

The solenoid inline is fine.

Thanks James, how do i check for leaks, do i need to disconnect everything or just leave it as it is, does it have to be on, sorry for dumb questions again, i think the only way to check for leaks is if anything is in the bottle but bottle seems empty.

Plumb everything up. turn the system on and spray with soapy water, if you see blowing bubbles you know there is a leak. Careful of the electrics with the solenoid though :thumbup:

Yeah, you'd need a full bottle to check for leaks too :)

Ok guys nearly a week now, little update. Co2 is back on, no leaks just me gassing the tank!! That needle valve is sensitive man!!

Pogostomon Helferi is all but dissapering only roots and bits left, will this pick up again? Im not sure what to do with it ?? Also HC is good nice colour but is slightly growing upways, not major!! Its defo getting bushier. My crypts are melting, as Saintly said this is normal so i aint that worrried.....or should i do something about it?

Rotala looks like new growth, but today i noticed the tops were curled up....normal???

Also never seen hc pearling today is that because there was only co2 on for half the normal time?

Water changes everyday ( 50%) Easycarbo 5-10ml, also dosed kpo4 today!!

Thats about it really, think i might add a reflector tommorow as i am missing one.

Does it matter that i have the juwel pump at the top left corner pumping flow from left to right, it moves the water surface a bit, would this make a difference?

Please someone come in with help (panic sta :oops: tions)

Thanks pics coming soon, im practising.

what ferts are you dosing?

the water changes you are doing are a good thing when crypts are melting, to remove the degraded plant material. but just leave them alone and they'll come back.

tko187 said:
Does it matter that i have the juwel pump at the top left corner pumping flow from left to right, it moves the water surface a bit, would this make a difference?

do you have any other sources of flow?

tko187 said:
Also never seen hc pearling today is that because there was only co2 on for half the normal time?
probably, consistent co2 should be the goal.

Thank you chump, juat had a look at your tank, very nice indeed, cani ask where you got the co2 atomiser??

Anyway not much going on here, hellferi pretty much has dissapeared, crypts are producing new shoots, and the slow growing Anubias are the best growth of all............how come?? A bit funny huh?? Rotala is also come on quite a bit, i planted another buch today. HC is looking not bad at all, heres a pic sorry about the quality, no tripod or lighting so this will have to do

024-1.jpg

023.jpg

this is older one too
ukaps.jpg

and heres an older one i posted to compare.

ukaps2.jpg

Comments please!!

So nothing major going on here tank is now 2 weeks + old, do you guys recommend adding some algea eting fish and shrimp, if so which ones? I had SAE in previous setup an dont want these again as they were crazy dahing about the tank causing havoc, they would probably wreck the place. I seen a fish Octinilus i think was different to the color usually seen is there a few different types and do they all o the same job or is there specific one???

Thank you Samc, i will get some tommorrow, Amano shrimp what are these called over here? Same thing??

Ottos and shrimps all the way, i normally add them at 2 weeks with no probs (i always use a mature filter thought) so never any worries in the respect. Ottos shoal excellently i have 7 in one of may tanks and they all hang out togther.

I personally use cherry shrimps instead of amano shrimps, as they too are good at algae eating.

Tank looks superb by the way, will look great with a bit more growth. :thumbup:

Thank you Andyh, i will definately pop some in tomoz, they look so gentle compared to sae when eating algea, Thanks for the tank comment also i thought everyone had forgotten about this, LOVE YOUR NEW TANK ALSO!!!

Ok so growth is pretty good, the only things i am worried about are:.

1 BGA at the front of the glass where sand is. maybe too much light?? How to stop it in its tarcks?

2 Hc has grown but not really spreading like it should, also some sloppy looking bits in there too??

Any body help, will get some recent shots up soon.

Tahnks

Back