• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Rio 180 set up

Cheers Tim, i'm really pleased with the way it's developing but as they say still room for improvement,

Cheers
Martin

]Hi all, just checking to see if my new photobucket account is working,all new to me, so hopefully better pictures from now on instead of using the iphone

th_P1020795-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers
Martin

That didn't appear to work, i am completely useless on a computer:thumbdown:

P1020795.jpg

Obviously doing something wrong. stick with the i-phone much simpler for me.I cant seem to get the photo's smaller

P1020798.jpg
Right, i think i've sussed out how to use photobucket linking for photos.hopefully these will come out and look better than the pictures i take using the i-phone. still got to get to grips with adding the writing in the right place:confused: Cheers Martin
P1020796.jpg
P1020797.jpg
P1020799-1.jpg

P1020806.jpg
P1020804.jpg

Evening everyone, I can't believe it's been 8'months since I've written anything on here, spring an summer months just seem so busy with other things to do in the evenings. Any how, the tank is still going strong and has had quite a lot of plant changes, mainly due to buying stuff from forum members for it to fizzle out after a few months. Bought a lot of Pogostomen Helferi which was superb only to have it slowly die off , likewise PP Cuba , Stellata , hydrocotyle,and a few other's that I can't remember. Not sure why any of these died off as they were all very good specimens bought from forum members. At the moment every thing seems stable but the moss seems to be very very slow but the fissedens is doing well
Still doing a 50% WC once a week and dosing macro and micro on alternate days. CO2 is added via a Fluval diffuser and the drop checker is lime green / yellow.
Tank is filtered with 2 identical Fluval 405's and flow is really strong , perhaps too strong, adding 6 ml of easycarbo each day as well. Most of the plants at the moment are growing ok and the Rotalla really gets going with a big trim once a month.
I'm seriously thinking of a rescape as being a year old now I think it might benefit from a new look and a change of planting.
Over the months a few of the fish have passed away but the remaining ones all seem healthy and lively. Still love watching the Cory's at feeding time, especially fighting over the sinking pellets with the amano's.

Any how some recent piccies from this evening
3y4e5e5e.jpg
3ure5eqy.jpg
4udu4apy.jpg
8y9udapa.jpg
qasemaza.jpg
u8uvunud.jpg
ygezu7a7.jpg
jymebuny.jpg
7une2uty.jpg
5ene7ebu.jpg

Cheers for looking
Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tim
Thanks Andy, been way tooooo long
Nice to get back on here properly again

Cheers
Martin

If you have any spare Rotala... ah hem! :D

Agree looks great, very healthy and lush :)

Cheers Rob, always got Rotalla cuttings at least once a month. Just thrown a big hand full in the bin. Will have to start selling it but it's a pain sorting it out and posting as I work all week 12 hour days;(
Cheers
Martin

Why dose Excel if you have CO2?
If you add enough CO2 , you don't need the ecxcel, it even can harm growth i've read.(read here on Ukaps, i was thinking of adding it, cause i am struggling to get enough CO2 in the tankm but read about the negative results). If you don't do CO2, then excel can help, as far as i understand.

Good point , I thought I read somewhere that it helped but I maybe wrong , possibly explains why my moss isn't growing

Cheers
Martin

Evening all, just a quick update to the thread. Not much change really. Moved a few bits around and thinned out some of the java fern. Got some Riccia in a holding trap and fissedens in a bag until I get time to use it. Very busy decorating the kitchen at the moment. Got some spiky moss coming as well and will hopefully use all of these in the new shrimp set up that's going in the living room in the wall unit. A few update pictures
e2a8a3e3.jpg
se6enehy.jpg
ryzy5a5u.jpg
tera4uhu.jpg
seju2era.jpg
da3y6y4y.jpg
9upebybu.jpg
a4u8adu2.jpg

Cheers
Martin

Back