• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New opti-white setup

John Starkey

Hi all i have read all the post,s about aquariums ltd,and its put me off ordering a little bit which is unfortunate,where else can i get an opte-white tank and cabinet made? ,

john.

Poseidon's palace are doing some really good prices on optiwhite tanks at the minute, but they don't do cabinets. As i'm a bit rubbish at DIY i was thinking about asking a local joiner to make me a cabinet for one of my nanos in 18mm MDF then paint it myself, just to see how this would turn out. My gutinstinct is that this will be the cheapest way to get something done - according to Wickes a big MDF board would only be £14, so the whole thing should come in well below £100
Hope this helps
Matt

Can we suggest non-Sponsors? I know somewhere that can make them any spec you like, tank and cabinet. My new tank and cabinet were delivered within four weeks of ordering, and were both built to my specifications.

They also have standard lines, and you can upgrade any piece of glass for an extra £8.50 per square foot. This is how I have just the front and left of my new tank in Optiwhite, while the glass you don't see is normal cheap stuff.

Kosh42-EFG said:
Can we suggest non-Sponsors?
of course :thumbup: as long as it's not your company :lol:

It came from Coventry Aquatics, part of thier Godiva range: http://bit.ly/mxA7Eb

May seem a little pricey, but bear in mind that the price is the tank, sump, cabinet, pelmet, tank background, weir and all pipework delivered to your door and carried into your living room. I also got to choose the colour of the stand and pelmet (the owner sent me samples of the board to help me choose), whether to have handles on the doors, whether I want black or clear silicone, etc.

Literally fully customisable, and if you don't want a sump they can still accommodate you and knock the price down accordingly...

Can you tell I'm impressed by mine? They have generally had good reviews on the reef sites. Only found one bad one and that's by someone who's understanding of the principles I question (he complained there was no comb at the bottom of the weir)...

Back