New Moderator - SteveUK

Simon D

Nice one Steve, I guess you can upgrade yourself from "Glosso Carpet Guru" to "Moderator" :lol:

Good man, well done and good choice from the rest of the team!

nickmcmechan

well done, i've always thought it an honour to be asked to be a moderator

out of interest, how is a moderator decided?

i've just kind of assumed most forums lookfor someone who makes a valuable contribution, sticks to forum ettiquette and has a decent computer!

how do you guys organise yourselves - is there a rota? do you have a little programme that makes a bee noise every time there's a new post? assume you have your own sub forum too?

aaronnorth

congrats Steve
i've just kind of assumed most forums lookfor someone who makes a valuable contribution, sticks to forum ettiquette and has a decent computer!
true, although i assume less about the decent computer :lol: You get a few extra controls alongside the original ones -not much to ask the computer!

Superman

Well done steve.
Although from my experiance this forum moderates itself but I'm sure it needs to have a tidy up now and then!

If that's the case, I don't mind putting myself forward. I'm on here 24/7 as anyway! :lol: And I have experience with forum software etc.

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
nickmcmechan said:
You have to pass a strict entrance exam that includes a polygraph and personality-type profiling... :lol:

Seriously though, potential mods are generally nominated by a founder/admin/mod team member, as deemed necessary.

Attributes we look for are maturity, good communication skills, high levels of knowledge and experience,and the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy. You should be a well-balanced individual who is active and contributes in a very positive manner to the overall running of the forum, putting others before yourself.

There are many members that fit this bill, and I thank you all for that from my heart. Your efforts are noticed and appreciated, even if I don't personally thank the individuals concerned.

Please keep up the great work and when necessary and appropriate you may well get an invite on to the mod team.

Cheers.

Egmel

Bit late on the bandwagon but felicitations Steve :)

I'd agree on the fact that this forum comes across self moderated (though we all know it isn't), it has a nice friendly feel about it, well done to all involved, both front of house and behind the scenes. :D

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
Egmel said:
Bit late on the bandwagon but felicitations Steve :)

I'd agree on the fact that this forum comes across self moderated (though we all know it isn't), it has a nice friendly feel about it, well done to all involved, both front of house and behind the scenes. :D
Thanks for the feedback, Egmel. It's really appreciated. :D

nickmcmechan

George Farmer said:
nickmcmechan said:
You have to pass a strict entrance exam that includes a polygraph and personality-type profiling... :lol:

Seriously though, potential mods are generally nominated by a founder/admin/mod team member, as deemed necessary.

Attributes we look for are maturity, good communication skills, high levels of knowledge and experience,and the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy. You should be a well-balanced individual who is active and contributes in a very positive manner to the overall running of the forum, putting others before yourself.

There are many members that fit this bill, and I thank you all for that from my heart. Your efforts are noticed and appreciated, even if I don't personally thank the individuals concerned.

Please keep up the great work and when necessary and appropriate you may well get an invite on to the mod team.

Cheers.
my very dry sarcastic sense of humour is going into overdrive right now...LOL... :lol: ...but I will resisit George...you made this post in good faith. However....does look easier to get a job as the chief exec !!!

thanks, nick