• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! New mobile, no log in/out option?

jolt100

Hi, I have just updated my phone and tranferred all my files , which seems to have worked ok except when I click on UKAPS via Chrome browser I am logged in without entering anything and cant find a way to log out?
My avatar doesnt show in the top bar but is on the drop down menu where the log in button is on my old phone.
Am I missing something that I need to alter in my profile or settings? Ive been going round in circles😡
My old phone still has the normal log in set up.
Hope you can assist👍
Thanks
John

Somehow missed this one!

logout_ukaps.JPG

From the user menu, you need to click on logout! Works for me on Android!

Paulo

Hi Paulo, thats what I could do before changing phones but now my avatar and name dont appear in the bar.
Instead when I click on the menu it appears on the drop down but clicking on the option takes me to my account details. I have found that if I then click on the my account bars the log out is at the bottom of the menu. Took some finding 🤢
Its like some setting has changed during the transfer but I am now using the app and it does the same thing. Its beyond me, perhaps I should ask my grandson😀
Cheers
John

Hi John
You could try uninstalling the app on the old phone!
If that don't work....try uninstalling the app on the new phone....you may have to go through the 2 stage verification again when you re-install the UKaps app again.
I'm no tech wizard like Paulo...you could wait till Paulo is back on the forum!

I don't know really🙄 I always prefer to assuming its safer somehow and uses less battery, but I don't know how it works.🤔
With my old Sony phone I accessed ukaps vis Chrome browser and when I logged on my avatar pic came up on the header bar so By clicking on it I could logout from the dropdown menu but with my new Samsung it doesnt, either in Chrome or via the shortcut.
As I say its beyond me but now I have found how to do it , albeit circuitous, its not a major problem.
Thanks for your help.
Cheers
John

I always prefer to assuming its safer somehow and uses less battery,
Your phone is locked so no need to log out, also it will not use the battery, its just like a normal web browser!

Back