• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Member from Cheshire UK

Nealeg

Hello everybody.

I'm new to the hobby, still in the research process but I have made my mind up what I want. It's a shrimp tank say 25/30ltrs. Looked at a few different makes of tank but I think I may settle for a Fluval EBI or the Fluval Flora, same tank, different equipment. I also want to introduce co2 (hence the FluvalFlora which come with a small co2 system. I think that I will also need to either upgrade and increase the lighting system as I plan to grow plants too.

Any offers of useful hint's and help along the way would be appreciated.

Neale G

Welcome on board Neale, the Fluval Flora is a nice tank, I have one myself although the CO2 unit will quickly becomes expensive to replace those small CO2 bottles, therefore you will probably be better off with liquid carbon like EasyCarbo or Excel.

Have a look at my journal here: [NANO] Fluval Flora 30l | UK Aquatic Plant Society and don't forget to start yours when you ready to go ;)

Thanks for the welcome and the info. When I search for details on the CO2 systems EasyCarbo and Excel there are many forums on the subject, but I struggle to find a supplier for the equipment. Can you help?

but I struggle to find a supplier for the equipment. Can you help?
There is no equipment its carbon in liquid form ;) you buy a bottle and dose according to tank size/plant mass!

Welcome, have you popped into thegreenmachine in Wrexham yet? should be a massive journey if you live in Cheshire? Definitely worth the journey to see some amazing planted tank up close.

its like food shopping if you haven't eaten for a day. your wishlist starts in there! goes to show what happens when you have a well run shop - good stock and knowledgeable staff who love what they do. went in when i first got hooked and made a comment about how additive this hobby is. response from James "indeed, I've now got a shop because of it!" awesome.

I was in The Green Machine last Wednesday it was jaw dropping, such a pleasant change from the normal run of the mill LF shops. I'm in the process of looking my at getting one of their aquariums, the open top and suspended/drop lighting effect appeals to me and the quality is second to none.

Doe's anyone out there keep just shrimp and if so, what feed to they prefer to give them?

Doe's anyone out there keep just shrimp and if so, what feed to they prefer to give them?

Hi, Nealeg,
youll get a much better response if you post specific questions in the relevant sub forums...in this case the inverts sub forum :thumbup:
This thread is meant for welcomes and introductions really.
For example in the inverts sub forum there is a thread:
What other novel fresh foods do you feed your shrimp? | UK Aquatic Plant Society
which has some unusual choices to broaden the offerings. Also try using the search tool in the top right of the forum page, its a font of knowledge :)
Oh, and TGM is an awesome shop :cool:
Cheereio,
Ady.

Back