• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Marine Forum

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Hi everyone,

Since a few marine setups have been popping up, myself and Tim decided that it would be a good idea to create a section for members that run both type of setups to share them.
We have seen some marine algae setups that turned out to be great planted marines ;)

One of the earliest examples I can remember was the epic one by our very own @George Farmer

tumblr_niq7mq443E1s3c1oao1_640.jpg

If you have a marine tank setup somewhere on UKAPS just report it using the report button and we will move it to this section.

Cheers
Paulo

This is a cool addition, I felt kind of awkward before when sharing marine stuff!
Well, at least you were not sharing your plastic plants tank! :lol:

(Sorry for being silly ... blame it on the Bourbon)

But seriously, I love reef tanks and I love the fact that we now have an forum for a bit of cross-pollination.

Cheers,
Michael

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Since a few marine setups have been popping up, myself and Tim decided that it would be a good idea to create a section for members that run both type of setups to share them.
We have seen some marine algae setups that turned out to be great planted marines ;)

One of the earliest examples I can remember was the epic one by our very own @George Farmer

View attachment 174784

If you have a marine tank setup somewhere on UKAPS just report it using the report button and we will move it to this section.

Cheers
Paulo
What happened to the Biotope inspired tank forum, especially as they seem to be increasing in popularity and I see George Farmer and Tai Streitman are collaborating on a book (with the help of Dave from aquarium gardens) 🤔

What happened to the Biotope inspired tank forum, especially as they seem to be increasing in popularity and I see George Farmer and Tai Streitman are collaborating on a book (with the help of Dave from aquarium gardens) 🤔
Maybe not enough members are actually doing them?I know a couple of years ago we were encouraged to enter a biotope contest by a member but as I remember not a lot of interest was shown. Is Tai a member on UKAPS ? l know a lot of his setups are on YT and in articles

A +1 Upvote from me too for that one!

Maybe not enough members are actually doing them?I know a couple of years ago we were encouraged to enter a biotope contest by a member but as I remember not a lot of interest was shown. Is Tai a member on UKAPS ? l know a lot of his setups are on YT and in articles
I’d say just as many keep or are interested in biotope style, black water or natural systems

And then there was a Biotope forum:

;)

Back