• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New love for my tank - BBA v triangle..

tayloss

Hi all,

So I admit that biting off more than I could chew with a marine and three freshwater tanks meant they all suffered with lack of time... I was made redundant at the end of last year and have since found a new job with better hours and much closer to home as well as fitting into the aqua lifestyle...

My love for planted tanks has come back, and have learnt so much, but one thing I’m not sure on is BBA.. to cut a long story short, I’m not able to work out why my BBA is coming back, so am asking what you guys would do to help..

I’ve switched to EI dry dosing and replaced the LED light which has helped no end with plant grows.. but my issue is what in the triangle of CO2/Light/Ferts do I try and adjust?

My CO2 is on the limit without the fish gasping, so it really ends up with less light or more ferts?

My tank is a 25ltr, with 7hrs light, 5m alternate days of Macro/Micro for 6 days and 50% W/C on Friday... the LED is a flat one nano at 75% but is no brighter at that level than the Dennerle LED M, but is a whiter light rather than a warm light..

CO2 is on 2hrs before the light comes on and 1 before lights off, the DC is green and edging yellow at times..

The BBA just appears after a couple of days once it’s removed and mainly on the wood and anbuis...

Thank you if you made it this far without nodding off :)

Thanks,
Chris

Now some pictures:
68c62ba18856b997f1f1345516193f35.jpg
39d076f0e4d515a74f0395262e7ee1ea.jpg
f94288dee7745c94e4289454e20e9d95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back