• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New look ukaps forum and website

Thanks for the feedback Tom.
text is all very spaced out now with the big avatar/user info section
The avatar section is not bigger than what it was before, just before was on the right rather than on the left.

but would love options to shrink the user info panel on the left
Only way to do that is to disable some content, and just leave the avatar and username, will see what other members say about it, is it worth having the info visible or not?

I reckon having black text in the green for sale/swap/etc boxes would look much better as well
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that and see how it looks. :)

Comments and critiques always welcome :)

I'm not going mad in thinking that they were more compact before right?
Not that much, just before the forum was restricted to 900 pixels wide and now there is a minimum of 1000 and there are no restrictions how big it gets so you can open the forum full window.

i does seem more spaced out to me too, with signatures turned on its hard to tell posts from sigs when flicking through. Not the end of the world but i quite like signature on for links to journals.
Otherwise Paulo the more i explore the better the site gets :)

with signatures turned on its hard to tell posts from sigs when flicking through.
There is a dashed line that separates the two, also signatures can be disabled if you so wish on your profile settings, like I explained earlier the previous forum was fixed to 900pixels wide therefore everything looked more compact, but for the purpose of viewing photos properly on journals etc... I decided not to fix the current style.

Otherwise Paulo the more i explore the better the site gets
Forgot to mention, glad that you find it that way, I will be creating some topics in the technical area over the new few days to highlight some of the features.

Just for info, I have reduced the space between posts to make it more fluid, also disabled some information from showing on the left hand side on the users panel, now only shows post count, other info can be obtained by clicking on the avatar or nickname. Hope that makes it easier to read this way. Looking also at the possibility of reducing the avatar size and a way of giving the user the options to enable/disable the data under the nickname.

Really liking the new look. Thanks for all your hard work:clap:

just a bit of feedback since updating i can no longer reply or post messages on my mobiles web browser (android) anyone else having this problem?
I have tried it on Android and it works fine for me, the only issue I see is when you click on the window to type the text it goes back to the top of the page but once you start typing it goes back to the text window and scrolls automatically as you type. As mentioned Tapatalk is really the way on mobile devices for any forum. But I will see what can be done to improve this.

oh i cant deal with this ... i miss old ukaps
What are the problems?

Not necessary problems but, the simplistic nature of the old forum lay out allowed instant viewing of "today's post" & "your post" also your post that had been answered.
I would guess it is more about learning this lay outs format but, as forums go, this one is certainly not the easiest to navigate & I would also guess, pretty unfamiliar to most - IE I don't visit any other similar format forums.

Not necessary problems but, the simplistic nature of the old forum lay out allowed instant viewing of "today's post" & "your post" also your post that had been answered.
I would guess it is more about learning this lay outs format but, as forums go, this one is certainly not the easiest to navigate & I would also guess, pretty unfamiliar to most - IE I don't visit any other similar format forums.
I do dearly miss the simplicity of having a button to see all new posts and a button to see my posts, hence why I only use tapatalk now :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Guys there is a button for new posts "Whats New?" at the top and at the bottom on the right hand side this is a "New Posts" button also. Not sure what is the confusion there, to see any updates on topics you created or participated just again at the top click on "Watched Threads", is all there always on every page.

Back