• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New look ukaps forum and website

LondonDragon

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Welcome to the new look UKAPS forum.

It was time to give UKAPS a new face lift, the old forum software worked well but it was becoming a little dated in its look and feel, so decided it was time for a change, with the help of Dan for the graphics this is what we came up with and we hope you will enjoy it.

The new software might seem a little confusing at first but once you get the hang of the menus, you will see that it actually more intuitive place to navigate than before, the codes for posting images/URL/similes are very similar to the previous forum (see help for more details).

Things to note:

- by default the posts from the last 30 days will be marked as unread, would recommend that from the forum list you click on "Mark Forums Read" and start fresh from today.

- the Conversations (old PM) system works slightly different, it now creates a thread for the duration of the conversation, when you want to remove it just leave the conversation, you may choose to leave it open if the other party want to continue at a future date, or permanently close it.

- There are easier way to share threads via social media at the bottom of every thread

- At the bottom left hand corner you will see the text "UKAPS Light" if you click on it there is also a "UKAPS Dark" style for those who prefer to read with darker colours.

- There are lots of new features for you to find and explore

If you have any problems/questions, please do not raise them in this thread but do so in the Technical/Help forum and I will go through them as soon as I can.

Note: Tapatalk still needs some work done, which I could not do until forum went live.
Edit: As soon as forum went online, Tapatalk is working once again!

Enjoy :)

Many thanks guys :) its been hard work last couple of weeks, specially yesterday (15 hours straight to get it back online asap!)

I've noticed now that the messages tab has gone from tapatalk,
You should now see an icon called Convo which is the new PM.

Many thanks guys :) its been hard work last couple of weeks, specially yesterday (15 hours straight to get it back online asap!)

You should now see an icon called Convo which is the new PM.

Yep just rearranged my icons thanks mate :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The site looks amazing .you guys have worked hard and it shows ! Love the new clean look of the site !

Very, Very nice. Modern, sleek and clean looking. First look so looking forward to investigating all the features.

find today's post
What's New? at the top menu will show you recent answers, you can from the right hand side then select All Recent Messages for active topics.

how do you find if your own post have been answered?
Again top menu Watched Threads will show post you are watching and have been answered. Again you can click show more and it will show all threads you are watching.

To view your own posts and threads on the top menu click on the arrow after your nickname and select Your Content.

Back