• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Critique my hardscape New hardscape critique wanted!

Tucker90

As the title says, time to rescape the nano!

Options...
a6e6ac89b19452182b3fe846ad1a2af6.jpg

49c96c4af937c8ead2d5064036ea499e.jpg

493c4d7e71d4c6cda00c2f4e8e579374.jpg

cc8e08c80b177a08c58f6b9d65a4615e.jpg

Thanks in advance

Disclaimer; I will never be able to re-create these in a tank! But general ideas are always handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like one and four. One would look great with the stones like in four with all the little ones too.

Thanks guys, 3 is my favourite I forgot the details on number one but I kinda like the simplicity!

Always fine it difficult how to end a triangle formation! Never really know how to gradually end it!

7ef200cda5c9e66a9e6d51d9173936f2.jpg

652c249189098a55245a907b9cac42fd.jpg

I’ve got some rotala h’ra for the back, Anubis’s and buce for the rocks and some h’pinnatifida to put here and there.

I have son in-vitro crypts but fear they may grow too big, my wenditti brown is getting big in the current set up ;

30ebdc81d42b50dcf2074b9a53521558.jpg

Excuse the algae, went on holiday for 2 weeks and my friend was meant to be looking after it.

Let’s just say it didn’t work out... hence the rescape.

Definitely 1 :cool:
needs a bit more detail but I’d just do that in tank

What I've learned in my limited time in the hobby is the hardscape is the backbone but equally it depends on the plants too. How many people, like me, spend ages getting the perfect angle on each rock only for the tank to go in and mask that perfection and more so completely hide it once they've grown in. So I'd say have a think too about how you envisage the end result

In answer to your question though, 1 if it's going to be heavy planted. 3 if you're likely to see a lot of the rock once plants have grown in, particularly if you can still see the dark cave like point in 3

Thanks guys! Let’s see what I come up with on Tuesday!

In terms of “tailing off” on the right hand side, you might like to try a rock on its own in the substrate separate from the main structure. Number 3 is my favourite too.

3 Looks best to me simply because the gradual staggering of the roots, with the thicker roots up front, gives the greatest sense of depth perspective.

Number 3 fo me, although seeing those sawn off ends would drive me crazy. Also, I would personally have less rock under the wood, allowing more caves and room for fish to swim through.

It's hard to critique without knowing what plants you plan to plant later. But just going on hardscape visuals then my vote is 3: the inward concave area creates an illusion of depth.

Keep us updated of your decision, and also when you start planting etc.

Cheers

Back