• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Decade, New Decadence...

Hey Geoffrey, I picked up some Phyton Git Sol to treat a small but of cyanobacteria I've got. It seems to work but it says 1ml doses (seemingly no matter the size of the tank?) and also doesn't say how often you can dose. Any ideas?

Cheers

Hey @Courtneybst

Back in post #623 you can see general spray use with 10ml per 100ml of water.

If you’re injecting into the substrate to remove cyano against the glass then 1ml per 5cm section is fair and effective.

You may find one treatment enough.

Wow that really looks amazing. I've seen so much great looking tanks these they but they all are alot alike. It's just what the hype is.. Yours truly stands out, just so vivid.

Cheers @DeepMetropolis

Not to be the bearer of bad news but this setup is being torn down indefinitely soon. Been mulling it over and the 1200 is going bye bye.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but this setup is being torn down indefinitely soon. Been mulling it over and the 1200 is going bye bye.

1647034839751.gif

Ooh yeah it's a pity but all good things comes to an end. It is responsibility you have to keep up with, sometimes think I could do with less tanks but i just don't want to break anything down.
So you are going Saltwater only now?

Ooh yeah it's a pity but all good things comes to an end. It is responsibility you have to keep up with, sometimes think I could do with less tanks but i just don't want to break anything down.
So you are going Saltwater only now?

Nothing too dramatic @DeepMetropolis . Dropping from four systems down to three, free up some time.

Instead, will be helping folks setup their tanks (for a small fee) on a business basis with the time. Getting more hands on beyond the forum and creating some success with their setups.

Helping a few folks already with their dosing and designing their maintenance to work in unison.

George did a video recently of a tank as an example. It has a custom schedule that has been put together to run with extremely hard tap and account for agricultural runoff in the area:

It’s nice to get specific with folks setups so they can maximise results for their available time. Also available to newcomers in the Cambridgeshire area who may just need that extra help getting started. There’s a lot to take in when you first start out.

Nothing too dramatic @DeepMetropolis . Dropping from four systems down to three, free up some time.

Instead, will be helping folks setup their tanks (for a small fee) on a business basis with the time. Getting more hands on beyond the forum and creating some success with their setups.

Helping a few folks already with their dosing and designing their maintenance to work in unison.

George did a video recently of a tank as an example. It has a custom schedule that has been put together to run with extremely hard tap and account for agricultural runoff in the area:

It’s nice to get specific with folks setups so they can maximise results for their available time. Also available to newcomers in the Cambridgeshire area who may just need that extra help getting started. There’s a lot to take in when you first start out.

Great to hear you will be assisting others as you have with so many on here, your journals are always a pleasure to read and always so helpful and insightful 😁 glad your still keeping some tanks.

Change of plan. There’s been a reprieve… RESCAPE!!! 🤣

May get a decade of decadence out of this setup yet… 😎

Quick round up. Tank is about to be torn down but realised it’s just gone over a year and a half.

1654757447176.jpeg

Last water change was in March and TDS/conductivity has remained consistent:

1654757600233.jpeg

Damn thing has become bomb proof in its neglect. Co2 ran out, must have been for at least a few days and survived without consequence. Ferts ran out in the autodoser without being noticed. No bother, started manually dosing as and when thereafter. Kept trucking.

Plant form and colour are crap, but reasonably healthy:

1654758097113.jpeg

1654758118101.jpeg

1654758157051.jpeg

Anyway, as before, bomb proof. However, all things must come to an end. Gonna take a while to take this one down but will be interesting to see what is growing under that jungly mess.

Going back to growing vegetables would be the responsible thing to do given the current food prices 😆

1654774152222.jpeg

1654774191222.jpeg

Never stopped 😉 Pulled parsnips from this morning.

Also having a play with house plants this year. Getting good results with this Calathea:

1654774519962.jpeg

1654774571712.jpeg

Always been a bit useless with house plants, but working on decreasing the kill rate 😂

So now you've been vetoed on the giant iwagumi, what is the plan @Geoffrey Rea?

Scaping under the cover of darkness when they’re all asleep @Wookii 🥷🏽

Back