• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Crypt on the Block!

GHNelson

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Received a smaller version of this rare Cryptocoryne 2nd photograph !
nurii ''pink line''
From Alan the rare plant man!

9c2b169b-125e-4a3a-b6d1-ee76ecba465b_zpsdrj1jybc.jpg

a6602083-96d5-48d8-b0ae-13058ea20d90_zpsmkb4i01h.jpg
Cheers
hoggie

Last edited:
You dont have problems ordering from outside the EU in the UK? I would love to order fom Alan again but i cant get plants from the Ukraine in Denmark.

Hi
Hi Martin
Receiving plants from Alan from the Ukraine can take a week by Air transport!
I always expect there to be some sort of leaf melt environmental impact when being transported!
Especially with Cryptocorynes....its the chance you take.
If the root stock is firm 95% of the Crypts will recover so its not that great a problem!
I usually remove most of the damaged leaves to encourage new growth.....some plants I receive have been grown emersed so this helps with the transition to submerged anyway!
Maybe you can ask on here....you will have to make 25 posts to get into the For Sale/Wanted/Swap Section of the Forum!
Cheers
hoggie

what sort of prices does Alan charge please ....does he have many Crypts ?

Hi Tim
Alan only deals with plants that are very rare!
Most of the crypts that he deals with are not available within the European Community!
Theses crypts can be expensive £15.00 for one plant ......that would be a young plant also!
Contact Alan by PM for more information if your interested in purchasing rare Crypts!
Cheers
hoggie

Last edited:
Hi Tim
Alan only deals with plants that are very rare!
Most of the crypts that he deals with are not available within the European Community!
Theses crypts can be expensive £15.00 for one plant ......that would be a young plant also!
Contact Alan by PM for more information if your interested in purchasing rare Crypts!
Cheers
hoggie

thanks that the sort iam interested in....i already have some plants like Griffithii...Noritoi...Purpurea...Fusca but obvoiusly i have the crypt bug :]

Hello Hogan and thanks for the reply.
I collect rare or just interesting plants and have gotten plants from most of Europe by now.;) I bought plants from Alan when he lived in the UK but can't anymore.. So getting them sent to the UK and then to me is way it could be done;).
I have spoken to someone here on this board that might be able help out. Lets hope;)
I am not limited to cryptocorynes though hehe. But i don find them very interresting aswell.
Of the many hundreds of plants i have bought online now.. For the aquarium, terrarium, garden. Etc i have only gotten dead plants once. But that was because of frost.

Hello UKAPS long time no see!

I've seen a nurii pink line for sale, and am curious how easy it is to keep long term, and in particular how tolerant it is to low light and low tech.

Hi Matt
Welcome back
Like most Nurii growing low tech/low light.
Its very sloooow growing...its very tolerant....but to get the best out the plant...you need to have decent planted substrate and add Co2!
hoggie

Cheers Hoggie :)

Slow works for me, unless it's parva speed, that's where I draw the line.

And difficulty wise, crypt flamingo is out of my reach without resorting to gas.

Now i am wondering how much colour it loses submersed in low light, nearly all the pictures online are emersed. Even the submersed pictures look like emersed specimens recently placed underwater to me.

I think it is safe to say I am the epitomy of slow growth. I ran super low light for the last two years, and crypt leaves melted and grew at the same pace. The ultimate in low maintenance!

I'm running 34w over 180l now and it is blinding me in comparison.

Last edited:
Back