• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Aquascape

Apistonerd

New planted tank setup just a day old. Should start to look good in a couple of months. Any feedback is welcome.
Here is the full plant list.
Amazon Aquascape
100cm l x 40cm w x 45cm h

Plant List

Echinodorus sp. 'Red Diamond'
Echinodorus sp. 'Red Flame's'
Echinodorus sp. 'Ozelot Green
Echinodorus sp. 'Ozelot Red'

Cryptocoryne Crispatula
Cryptocoryne Becketti
Cryptocoryne x willisii 'nevilli'
Cryptocoryne Parva
Cryptocoryne wendtii sp. 'Flamingo'
Cryptocoryne wendtii sp. 'Red'
Cryptocoryne wendtii sp. 'Green'

Schismatoglottis Prietoi
Lagenandra meeboldii sp. 'Red'
Bucephalandra Theia Green
Bucephalandra Theia
Anubias barteri var. nana 'Bonsai' ('Mini Mini')

1000008703.jpg

Looking really good already. Interesting tank as I’m planning my next tank and want to do mostly echinidorus and crypts. What’s your lighting and filtration out of curiosity? High tech or low tech?

Looking really good already. Interesting tank as I’m planning my next tank and want to do mostly echinidorus and crypts. What’s your lighting and filtration out of curiosity? High tech or low tech?
Thanks a lot, I was doing a lot of stem tanks and I am completely fed up with trimming and planting at this stage so went for something less time consuming.I'm really looking forward to seeing all the new colours when the plants grow in should be very natural looking. My setup is on the higher tech end a biomaster 350 thermo, chihiros wrgb 2 pro maxes out at about 72 watts I think, 6mL of tropica green fertilizer daily and c02 injection. I also added a lot of root tab in the substrate I mixed in a few brand the ada ones that come with the substrate, tropical root tabs and seachem root tabs. I haven't actually grown many of these echinodorus before other than the ozelot but I heard some like a lot of light so interesting to see how much.

Thanks a lot, I was doing a lot of stem tanks and I am completely fed up with trimming and planting at this stage so went for something less time consuming.I'm really looking forward to seeing all the new colours when the plants grow in should be very natural looking. My setup is on the higher tech end a biomaster 350 thermo, chihiros wrgb 2 pro maxes out at about 72 watts I think, 6mL of tropica green fertilizer daily and c02 injection. I also added a lot of root tab in the substrate I mixed in a few brand the ada ones that come with the substrate, tropical root tabs and seachem root tabs. I haven't actually grown many of these echinodorus before other than the ozelot but I heard some like a lot of light so interesting to see how much.

That’s fair, sometimes less work makes it more enjoyable! Assuming it’s the 90cm variant light, it’s actually 110w at full power. Probably a good shout on the root tabs as some of those plants are heavy root feeders. Me thinks you will have some tall plants in the near future which should be really cool 🙂

Back