• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New aquarium required.

Radley.jim

Hello all, new to this forum. I am currently in the process of swapping my rimless aquascape aquarium over to an aquarium with a lid. I work away during the week, so wanting a simpler setup, wIth a lid as lost a Hellboy Betta due to a leap of faith in my absence.

The options that I have seen for the size that I am contemplating are

Waterbox Eden 40
Fluval Roma 125
Eheim Vivaline 125
Aquael Optiset 125

Does anyone have advice on which to go for or avoid?

Hello,

If it helps Waterbox have just pulled out of the UK so it might be a problem getting the Eden?

There is another possibility and that is the Oase Styleline 125 for £410 with stand / filter and light.

Good luck in the hunt :)
Thanks for the recommendation. Would you say that the Styleline is the stronger option? Waterbox is on the list as they have the last few options at 50% discount, so £225 for the aquarium seemed a deal if the quality was still there.

Ah cool sorry I didn’t realise it was still available.

I have purchased a Waterbox 3620 myself in the clearance. For the money them seem to have a good reputation from my research (research enough to make me order)

Not taken delivery yet so can’t comment on quality of the Waterbox. Oase stuff seems good George Farmer had the Styleline and has some vids up.

Waterbox does seem like a decent setup for the money with the free delivery and half price sale. :)

Ah cool sorry I didn’t realise it was still available.

I have purchased a Waterbox 3620 myself in the clearance. For the money them seem to have a good reputation from my research (research enough to make me order)

Not taken delivery yet so can’t comment on quality of the Waterbox. Oase stuff seems good George Farmer had the Styleline and has some vids up.

Waterbox does seem like a decent setup for the money with the free delivery and half price sale. :)
Yeah seems a good deal for waterbox, if they fulfill the orders?! Seem George Farmer with the Oase Highline aquariums, the are just a lot more, and deeper than what would work in the space that I want the aquarium to sit.

Hello all, new to this forum. I am currently in the process of swapping my rimless aquascape aquarium over to an aquarium with a lid. I work away during the week, so wanting a simpler setup, wIth a lid as lost a Hellboy Betta due to a leap of faith in my absence.

The options that I have seen for the size that I am contemplating are

Waterbox Eden 40
Fluval Roma 125
Eheim Vivaline 125
Aquael Optiset 125

Does anyone have advice on which to go for or avoid?
I had the Eden. The glass and silicone work were spot on. The glass lid is great too.
The cabinet quality wasn’t the best but nothing cosmetic or that overly affected the set.

Lighting is restricted as the tanks are aimed at using an AI blade. I had one of those too and it was a great light IMO.

Yeah seems a good deal for waterbox, if they fulfill the orders?!
I just purchased a waterbox 3620 as it was too good a deal to turn and they appear to have a good reputation.

I hadn’t heard anything since I purchased the aquarium over a week ago and was getting a bit worried as the lead time said 3-5 days, so I contacted them. They replied extremely quickly and informed me that due to the sale they are extremely busy but all orders would be fulfilled.

Cheers

I had the Eden. The glass and silicone work were spot on. The glass lid is great too.
The cabinet quality wasn’t the best but nothing cosmetic or that overly affected the set.

Lighting is restricted as the tanks are aimed at using an AI blade. I had one of those too and it was a great light IMO.
Ok good to hear that the quality of the aquarium is up there with other reputable brands. Had a couple of waterbox cubes in the past, and always been great attention to detail for the aquarium itself.

Do you think that something like a fluval plant 3.0 would fit under the lid?

I just purchased a waterbox 3620 as it was too good a deal to turn and they appear to have a good reputation.

I hadn’t heard anything since I purchased the aquarium over a week ago and was getting a bit worried as the lead time said 3-5 days, so I contacted them. They replied extremely quickly and informed me that due to the sale they are extremely busy but all orders would be fulfilled.

Cheers
Thanks for the heads up on that. Willing to wait for a deal, so long as the finish is worth it. Only main thing that I've heard it the trim on the aquarium top and bottom is a little cheap and nasty. But looked at photos and some posts on hear and all seems good.

Back