• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nerite snails escaping!

The ones in my more established tanks don’t seem to bother, but a bright red nerite in newest set up loves a wander, a food issue maybe or just boredomo_O

Hi all,
Don't think food is an issue in most tanks. It's just the way they are. This said Co2 can definitely be a good candidate. I usually see the snails coming out during the day probably avoiding acidic water. They usually go back in 1 or two hours, sometimes even more, after co2 injection has stoped.
We have a thread about that, have a look at pages 2 & 3 of <"Nerite Snails in a high tech">.

cheers Darrel

Hi all, We have a thread about that, have a look at pages 2 & 3 of <"Nerite Snails in a high tech">.

cheers Darrel

I had read that thread a few weeks ago. It is very informative. Keeping snails long term in a co2 tank usually ends up badly for the snails as their shell degrades due to the acidic conditions. I can see it in two of my tanks where the snails shells have been eroded.

Back