• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Neocaridina

Kevin Johnson

Seedling
Hi,

If I have Amano shrimp happily living in one of my tanks would some some neo’s be ok in there or do they need different conditions

Hi Kevin, I have Amano's in one tank and yellow neocaridina in another, but I have not dared to put them together since I've heard Amano's can make neo's disappear...But I'm sure there are more experienced people out there.

I kept them together and never seen while they are attacking neos.But lets make this straight, female amanos can be as big as 5cm and they eat anything.But I dont think they will chase a healthy fish/shrimp unless they are desperate.

Hi
I have kept amanos with neos and had no issues at all.
The amanos are a beast tho.If left desperate for food they will eat anything (had plants eaten overnight by one shrimp I pushed too far to make her eat the diatoms in the tank)
As long as U feed regulary and the amanos are not in great numbers U will be fine.
There is always one exception tho.I have one beast of a shrimp in my tank.Keep an eye on the tank if U see someone missbehaving just move it to different home.
Regards Konsa

Back