• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

need some tips on rescaping

Bolota

Hello,

Planning a new 60p but want to use a few things from the old one. A few questions:

1 - I still have leftovers of substrate and soil from Tropica and would like to mix with ADA PowerSand. Do you foresee any issue?

2 - My filter is one year old. Should I change the biomedia? If I want to keep it, what should I do, Is it necessary to keep it running?

3- What is the best way to preserve plants like Althernatera mini, crypts, Buces...?
Many thanks!

Hello,

Planning a new 60p but want to use a few things from the old one. A few questions:

1 - I still have leftovers of substrate and soil from Tropica and would like to mix with ADA PowerSand. Do you foresee any issue?

2 - My filter is one year old. Should I change the biomedia? If I want to keep it, what should I do, Is it necessary to keep it running?

3- What is the best way to preserve plants like Althernatera mini, crypts, Buces...?
Many thanks!

1- Yes it's fine to mix them. When i've reused it, i've put it under the new stuff to help kick start the bacterial bed.

2- I wouldn't do anything, just keep it running for as long as possible, as your bacteria will start to die off once they have nothing to eat. Although I managed to 'hibernate' a filter for over two weeks last Christmas when I rescaped.

3- Depends on how long they need to be stored for, if it's literally for a couple of days, i'd throw them in a bucket with a little bit of substrate and a heater, if it's for longer. I'm not too sure.

Back