• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need some advice

Darren Carter

Hi guys basically I have a fluval 125l tank roma had a problem a month a go where I lost all my fish water was fine we think it was parasites possibly my local fish store checked my water etc any way shut the tank down and throw the media for my fluval 306 and 206 external filters which I ran in it but now looking at replacing it all but I’m possibly looking at selling both filters and getting the fluval g3 wondered if any one has experience with them are the good and are they better than the 06 range of external filters thanks in advance

Hello Darren,

Welcome to UKaps.

It doesn't really matter which filters you use, as long as it provides enough filtration/turn over.

As per sciencefiction comment above flow in a planted tanks is very important, whatever filter you use try to achieve around 10x changes, so in your setup you are looking for a filter rate to provide 1250l per hour.

i have not used a fluval g3, but seem to have good reviews. the maintenance on these filter seem much easier that some other brands.

Back